Monday, October 24, 2011

Quick Reflections

I have really lucked out. Both of these kiddos have been such sweet & pretty much perfect newborn babies. I remember being told I wouldn't be as lucky the second time around because Julian was such a good baby, but other than that health scare, it looks like I have been.

Ella Grace is & Newborn Julian was such a good sleeper. It took a bit longer for Ella Grace to warm up to the swing, but she slept in it for several hours yesterday! (And then again, maybe it didn't...I held Julian all. the. time when he was born because I could, and then we spent quite a bit of his first month or so with Stace's family, so there was always someone to hold him. But now, I have two babies to hold and care for, so she doesn't have that same advantage. Julian was barely ever put his swing at all when he was as young as she is. So he very well could have, & probably would have, reacted to the swing in the same way she has when he was in his first weeks of life-- he loved to be held too...like all babies who are fresh out of the oven.) She has been sleeping in her bassinet all day, so I'm getting lots of housework done! They also both do/ did really well on car trips. I have said "oh, she doesn't like her car seat," and "she doesn't like to be put down" but I was not giving her enough credit. She has probably cried about 5% of the total time she has spent in her car seat since she was born and these babies go from being held 24/7 in mommy's tummy for 9 months, to suddenly not being held all the time-- it's a big adjustment, with which they both did/ are doing beautifully. Why have I done that (not given credit where credit is due)? Well, I have had my moments of feeling overwhelmed since becoming a mommy of two: it's been tough those times where say, I'm feeding her and Julian needs me at that exact moment too, but in retrospect, those moments have been fleeting and I know I will look back and miss them terribly.


I just love these babies so much:)
Brother and sister love after her first full day of church:) He did this all on his own, and he always does. And she doesn't mind it one bit...it's so sweet:)

1 comment:

Mrs. Blimes said...

So so beautiful! I can't believe she's already a month old! Wonderful!!! I am so happy all is well.