Monday, April 9, 2012

My Special Girl

I can't believe I have an-almost-7-month-old. :*( I really don't want that to be true. She'll have her monthly post in a little over a week when she turns 7 months, but I just couldn't stop myself from writing a little about her now as I reflect on how amazing she is. She is just the sweetest thing. I can't put it into words. Last month I had my visiting teachees and companion over for breakfast, and my companion said "Kim, I just don't believe she cries. Does she ever cry?!" This is not the first time I've heard this. Of course she fusses sometimes like all bebes, but she is just so happy and chill. A few weeks ago we were with our friends the Carrs, and Mary Ann was just smiling at her & talking to her, and Ella Grace gave her normal response to that (crazy excitement and bouncing up and down and huge smiles), and Mary Ann said "she's just so happy! Is she always so happy?!" Stace and I both shrugged, smiled and said "yes, pretty much!" Today my friend Amelia commented on how she loves seeing Ella Grace at our gym's Kids Club because she is always smiling when she walks in. :)

We are so lucky to have her in our family. She's so gentle. She's so patient. She's in love with anyone who gives her the time of day. All the time I get people stopping to look at her and say how pretty is. Ella Grace is special. I think often how glad I am that we ended up giving her the name that we did, because it seems to fit her perfectly. To me, her name says "beauty and gentility. feminine. kindness." But that's just what comes to my mind when I think of those 2 words put together. But I just did a Google search of what her names mean:
Ella: "torch or bright light"; "goddess"; "beautiful woman"; "pretty"
Grace: "virtue; "good will"; "blessing"; "grace"; "eloquence or beauty, kindness, mercy"
Those work well, too:)

Over the weekend, her Grandmommy told her "you're just the pleasantest little thing!" It's true. We love you, baby girl. I just want to soak you in, hold you, kiss those cheeks and make you laugh and giggle all day long. Your smile is just over-the-top contagious. Those two little teefers poking out are so endearing. Your big ol' dimple is too much cuteness. Your eyes just sparkle. You are my sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetie Gracie girl. I don't know what I'd do without you. I pray I can be the kind of mommy you need and deserve.

She said her first word yesterday: "Dada!" (everyone heard it except for me yesterday...6 other people) and today "Mama!" (when Daddy was trying to feed her a bottle and she was looking at me pleadingly! ha!) It was pretty much definitely probably babbling, because according to Parenting.com, the first word generally happens around the 11th to 14th months...Julian's was at almost 8 months, so of course it can happen sooner...but 6.5 months is a little too early to say it was a word!

Anyway...oh, Gracie girl...you are amazing. I hope you always know how much I love you.

No comments: