Friday, December 19, 2008

And I Think to Myself, "What a Wonderful World!"

What a great past couple of weeks it's been! For starters, we had some fun taking Christmas photos this year. Stace went to Target and found these festive cat accessories and practically begged me to get them (yes, begged...it was kind of cute:).
So we thought we'd spread a little bit of holiday humor with the photos:

Jordy Claus

Proud papa?

My little elfey!

On Wednesday, December 16th, 2008, Kiley Michelle Newman was brought into the world by our wonderful friends, Katie and John. We love her so much already! To see her and hold her was simply awe-inspiring. Amazing. As you can see, she is absolutely perfect!

A real proud papa!

A proud honorary uncle:)

Sweet baby Kiley with Hannah and I

December 18: I got to spend an evening with my friend Mindi and her sister, Alyse, learning how to ice and decorate Christmas cookies. It was so much fun! We began at 7:00 and all of a sudden it was 11:00!!!

December 19th: My sister, Marissa, and her husband, Tom, came into town for the weekend! We had our friends Mary Ann and Jonathan over with baby Riley. I got to try out some new recipes and after a much-delayed dinner starting time, we finally got to eat:) We ate crab legs (thanks Daddio!) and had "A Very Crabby Christmas"dinner! Mary Ann brought some delish garlic and herb biscuits and my sister rocked a Paula Dean "gooey pumpkin butter cake." Mmm!

After dinner Marissa, Tom, Stace and I ventured over to Dorothy B. Oven Park to check out the Christmas lights. Stace and I decided to take advantage of a photo op in the sleigh. Not sure if we were supposed to get in it or not (there was no sign saying not to!) but once inside I was little nervous it would collapse beneath us!

They are so fun to be with:)
Afterward Marissa and I went crazy at the grocery store getting Christmas cookie ingredients. I just love this time of year and wish it would last longer!

And the cherry on top: Governor Crist today announced that all State of Florida employees will have the day after Christmas and the day after New Years off! I was already taking next week off, but now instead of asking four days, I'm only asking for three! And then the next week I'll only have three days of work! It will be so nice to have that break. So now you see why I am thinking to myself "what a wonderful world!" :)

2 comments:

The Smith's Fridge Door said...

Sounds like so much fun!! Say hi to your sis for me and have a Merry Merry Christmas!!

Mrs. Blimes said...

you and hubby are so DANG cute! i so wanted to get a santa beard for Mable!!! those are hilarious!!!