Wednesday, April 20, 2011

16 Months & Counting...literally!

A few days ago we went on a family adventure to our mailbox. As we were getting our mail, Julian started counting the numbers on the mailboxes totally unprompted! We were so excited...we had never taught him numbers with the mailboxes before!
Side Note: the parking spots at our complex are numbered, so when we are outside "woking" he will bend down when we get to a number, point at it, and say what it is.
So when that happened, I said "we should get that on video!" So yesterday seemed as good a day as ever, so right before we went to the mailbox, I grabbed the video camera so we could get his counting action on camera!
Note: he is probably saying "4" when he first sees the "1" because he'd just seen the number "14" parking spot, and he was pointing to the "1" in 14 and saying "1" and then I was trying to show him the next number was "4"...I think I did more harm than good! haha:) But he went back to what he knew:)
PS: I tried to get him to talk a little more at the end, but he just wanted to "rrr-wun" and "wok!"

2 comments:

Tonya Driggers said...

Thats just adorable, Kim!! He's soooo smart!! Loved the video!!

freya said...

what a cutie! he's got the looks and the smarts! i can't believe he's already talking so much!

also, you're killin' me with that gender secret tease!