Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Very Girly Ultrasound...

Allow me to set the stage for you before you click "play"...

I had just said giddily to our ultrasound tech (who was amazing in explaining everything she was doing!) "don't tell us the gender until the end of the ultrasound!.......unless it's just completely obvious, because then we might be able to tell on our own." I added that "unless" because if it was obviously a boy, we'd probably be able to tell.

She complied, and then put the machine on my belly and said "well, it's OBVIOUS!" I so wish we had that moment on tape,but Stace hadn't pressed record yet on the video camera....bumma.

Then Stace presses play. I was really confused. She said it was super obvious...but, I didn't see anything. WAIT! So that means...it's a girl?!

I must admit, I'm a little nervous about being able to love another baby as much as I love Boo Boo-- and sometimes I worry that other people will be able to too. And if so, I don't understand how. Will this baby be as wholeheartedly welcomed into the world as Julian was? The worry makes my heart hurt, and the mama lion inside me somehow already feels the need to be protective. But when that heart beat showed up on the screen, and when I heard it, this immense love filled my heart, and tears started streaming down my face. I have a sweet baby girl. I really fell in love at that moment. I can't describe the moment any better than that....and those few words don't do that moment justice.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I LOVE that you ask if she's 100% certain it's a girl!! I was the same way! We are so excited for the three of you!

Unknown said...

Kim I'm sooooo happy for y'all!!!! The video was so neat! I've never seen an ultrasound in progress before... how incredible!!! Congratulations on your healthy baby girl. :)

freya said...

yaaaay! and what a perfect time to reveal the news to everyone! you are always so creative! congrats! i'm so happy for you!

Tonya Driggers said...

Yippee! Kim gets a little pink in her baby blue world!! So happy for you both!! =}

Kalena said...

Yay for baby girls!! I remember feeling the same way you do when I was preggers with Austin. I wondered if I could love anyone as much as I love Riker. Once Austin was born and I held him all of it went away cause I had a cute little baby in my arms. The joy and love was overwhelming! You're an amazing mom, so don't worry, just enjoy :)

Amanda said...

Congratulations! Girls are awesome! Of course I have a thing for boys now too ;)