*I really like the change with my new haircut. It was time for one! Stace was the one who inspired me to chop it off, which is funny because he always liked my long hair. One day I was getting dressed and my hair was still tucked in my shirt and Stace said "you'd look good with short hair!" and thus the whole idea was planted. It's odd-- short hair takes more effort for me! I spend way more time "doing" my hair than I ever did with long hair. I rarely even blew it dry. Short hair forces me to do something with it. (So that kinda goes against the whole "mom-haircut" idea: you get a short cut when you're a mom because it's easier. Not true for me!)
*I am loving the show Parenthood. I just started watching it (from the beginning). It makes me laugh and tear up too. It's so neat how they make the characters so easy to relate to. (I hate that I just ended that sentence with a preposition. My 7th grade English teacher Mrs. Engelbrecht would be so ashamed.) I also LOVE Modern Family. It's hilarious.
*My mom moved to Utah last week. She called me two weeks ago and said she was moving, and then left less than a week later. I spent nearly every waking hour of Christmas break in Tallahassee packing and purging her home. She really needs a change, and I am so grateful to our sweet friend/sister Stephanie and her amazing husband Danny for opening their home to her until she gets her own place. She had a job interview yesterday and she got it! WHEW HOO! I never told her this because I didn't want to make her sad or regret her decision to move (and I can say it here because I know she doesn't read my blog), but I cried myself to sleep one night last week because she is leaving. No one can replace your mama. She is the one person on this earth who I can turn to, aside from my sweet husband of course, who knows me and loves me completely and who I don't have to worry about what she's thinking/ judging the things I'm saying. She drives me bonkers sometimes, but I love her so much, and I owe her for leading me to my greatest blessings. Because of her, I know that I am a child of God. She instilled in me a testimony of the Savior. She brought me up in the Church which I love and believe in completely...these things have led me to my greatest blessings: my eternal marriage to the man of my dreams, and my children who will be mine forever because of the sealing power of the temple. I hope life treats her kindly in Utah.

*Julian's cousins got him a "Wonder Pets Look and Find" book for Christmas, and he LOVED it!

He had never seen Wonder Pets before. Stace and I had never heard of it, but we looked it up when we got home, and showed it to him and he LOVES it! And I must say it may be the most adorable little show I've ever seen. Julian loves to sing the theme song (that desperately needs to be caught on video)! Tonight he asked me to sing it to him when he was going down for bed. ahhh...he's so hilarious/ silly/ adorable!


*I LOVE how Ella Grace smiles with her ENTIRE FACE. She's so fun and sweet! What would I do without these sweet babies?!

*I have sooo many thank you cards to write. Let's not talk about it. I'll do them this weekend! Time for bed!
1 comment:
I, too, love your short hair!
Post a Comment