Saturday, December 31, 2011

So, we went to Atlanta...

We drove up to Atlanta at the very end of November so Stace could attend a conference at the Federal Reserve and take a big exam. We decided to make a little mini vacation out of it! We stayed with my little sister, and had a blast!
On the eve of Julian's birthday and the first day of December, we had a little pre-party after going to visit Santa Clause!

Julian got his first cupcake of the month...

On his 2nd birthday we went to the Fernbank Museum to check out the dinosaurs, among other awesome things. Julian sure loves his Aunt Jessica...I love these next two pics!


Warms my heart right up:) and that night he had his second cupcake of the month!

Julian stayed occupied reading his birthday Thomas books from his super-thoughtful friends James & Savannah L. (sent him a birthday package!) whilst strolling the malls:)

The next night we went and visited the Atlanta Botanical Gardens to see their beautiful Christmas lights display with Stace's best friend from childhood and his amazing wife, Megan. I love her soooo much! The best part about the gardens were the awesome model trains they had chuggin along. Julian was thrilled. :)

The next day we got an awesome hook-up from our friend Megs H. who works at the best children's museum I've ever been to: Imagine It!

I went there back in March with my sister-in-law, nieces and sister Jessica. I was so excited to go back with Stace this time, and so grateful we got free tickets! Thank you Megan (if you read this)! Either way, a thank you card is on its way soon! :)
Julian and Daddy had so much fun running from one activity to the next!



And though Aunt Jessica is such a kid at heart, and could have just as much fun at this museum as a little one, she was the sweetest auntie to her Ella Gracie girl and preferred to hold her and entertain her while Julian ran rampant:)

My sisters have the best. cheekbones. eva.
As if this trip could have gotten much better, I got to see my very bestest friend, Kathleen!! She drove down from Nashville to see us and I am sooo happy she did! It was so good to see her and play with her, her sweet boyfriend, and friends Megs and Brenton!


We love you sooooooooooo much, Kathleen!! Thank you Aunt Jessica for hosting us that weekend!

1 comment:

The Hargretts said...

What an awesome little trip!! I can't believe how big your children are getting. Time flies! Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family