Monday, June 24, 2013

Berkeley's Temple Day!

THIS GUY...
 We took him through the temple the weekend after we got home from Hawaii. (Talk about an amazing and whirlwind month!:) 

Look at that fine crew!
 Oh, how I love these men. And how they are loved by all who know them. 
(I tried to tell Stace he couldn't wear brown with this suit. He insists since it's grey he can wear black or brown! uhhhh....:)

 But that's ok-- I still think he's perfect:)
 
Candace watched the kiddos while we all went through the temple with Berkeley. Thanks Aunt Candace!
 At the time, a decent picture just seemed so impossible. But now looking at these "outtakes"...well, I kind of love them:) 
 I know his parents were so incredibly proud of him that day.  
I was able to go through every step from start to finish with my mother-in-law. What a special experience that was.  We got to start from the very beginning, as if one of us were going through for the first time, which I never imagined myself being able to get to do again (after I got married)...but it was such an amazing experience with so many beautiful reminders. 

At the end of our time in the temple, we all waited in what is called the Celestial Room for Berkeley to arrive.  That was a special moment for sure. 

I am so grateful for the temple. I know it is the Lord's house on the earth. There's no place like it on the planet. It is as close as we can get to heaven on this earth. The love that we all felt for each other and from above in the temple that day was one of the most beautiful feelings I've ever experienced.

This picture brings back those feelings pretty well for me.  So much love.  So much hope. So much that lies ahead in the future.  So much to savor right now. So much to look forward to.
So much kindness. So much adoration. So. much. love.
 


***

PS: Julian saw this little sticker on the car in the temple parking lot, and imitated its face. He's the coolest little guy. :D

No comments: