Sunday, August 31, 2008

An Oldie but a Goodie

The Young Women and Young Men of our ward have been practicing this song to sing in Sacrament meeting for a while now. Today we sang it and I can't begin to express the beautiful Spirit we felt as we sang together. Our chorister worked hard to help the youth and leaders learn how to "sing out," "breathe," and "stay on pitch." It all turned out so well...I was so impressed with how the Young Men sounded (I knew the YW would sound great;)! It really was powerful; by the part in the song where both YM and YW sing together I couldn't muster any words. I looked the song up when I got home to try and feel what I felt again, and hopefully share it with you! Many have probably heard or sung this song, but I think it's always beautiful, no matter how many times I hear it. Enjoy:)
LDS - EFY - Sisters of Zion - Army of Helaman -

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Kim, thanks so much for finding the song. My kids loved it and wanted to hear it again. Hard to recreate the spirit there, you guys did a great job.

Mrs. Blimes said...

that was the most beautiful performance sunday! had me in tears (and that's no easy task)!!!