Thursday, October 9, 2008

Manners of Importance

I really like this article.
One thing I'd add to the list: not to talk while someone else is talking! Because I am no longer a college student, I don't witness this pet peeve of mine unfold very often anymore. Thank goodness! Because it used to drive me NUTS when a group of people were talking/laughing while the professor was trying to give the lecture. The professors, who were indeed quite pleasant individuals, would then "be forced" (if you will) to lay the smack down. It really is all about the golden rule.
I hope this doesn't make me seem uptight...I'm just promoting simple human decency:o) As my husband said (when I asked him if this post makes me seem uptight) "there are just certain manners that can make the world a better place to live in."

2 comments:

Mrs. Blimes said...

gosh kim dont be so uptight!

j/k i TOTALLY agree!

just the other day these 2 guys walked into a store in front of me and NEITHER of them even made an effort (they didnt even think about it) to hold the door open for a poor prego gal!

BEASTS!

Kim said...

@ Marquesas: what is this world coming to!?!!!