Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Random Compliment of Kindness

There I was, sitting in a booth at Moe's Southwest Grill, enjoying my Mini Masterpiece-- with chicken-- all by my lonesome when this guy dressed in tight straight jeans, converse sneakers and a plaid button- down shirt (kinda like the punk-rocker look) walked up to me and said:
"Hey, I know you probably already know this, but I just wanted to tell you that that outfit is awesome." And then he walked away into the oblivion, barely giving me the chance to say thank you.

For the record, I didn't already know it, My thoughts were more along the lines of "What? This old thang?"

But I do love the fact that someone will go up to a complete stranger and give them a nice compliment, just because he thought it. I'm going to do that from now on; it can really put a smile on someone's face (it did mine-- mouthful of mini masterpiece and all!) and perhaps even make their day!

My "What? This old thang?" pose;)

PS: I altered the coloring in this photo in an attempt to shield you from seeing how wonderfully tired and gross I look today. It’s been a long day! Stace found out today he is starting a research assistantship at UF on May 18th! Yes, we are moving in T-3 seconds.

7 comments:

Machelle said...

Maybe he was secretly trying to tell you how hot you are!!!

Shells said...

That is a cute outfit :) Congrats to Stace. If ya'll need moving help, just let us know. We're going to miss you in Tally :(

freya said...

yeah i meant to tell you cute outfit at church last night! it's funny when people talk to you and you don't expect it... one time when i was eating an apple as i was walking to class and when i finished it i threw it in the trash can as i passed and a guy walking towards me made a sound effect for me makin it in (he said like swish or something) it was pretty funny

and

ahh T-3 seconds noooo! that's too fast!

Jennifer said...

all of your outfits are like that!

Kim said...

@ Machelle: girl you crazy! Thank you though;) but i don't think so!
@ Shelly: thank you so much, that is really nice of you to offer! We will probably get rid of a lot, so hopefully we won't have much to move. And, I'm gonna miss everyone in Tally:(
Freya: It is funny to get that little surprise:) You should start doing the "swish" thing every time you see someone throwing something away. And I know...T-3 seconds is sooo soon! :/ ah!
@ Jenn: thank you! :)

Starleigh said...

Where are you guys going to live?

Mrs. Blimes said...

i wanted to ask you forever ago where you do your shopping cuz i always love your clothes!