Monday, April 27, 2009

Trash the Dress!


What? Doesn't everyone take wedding photos nearly three years after their wedding? oh...

just kidding! We took some photos for our friend Kim Brock! She is an AWESOME photographer and you should use her for your next event:) She's super nice and she'll tell ya what ya need to do!

It was really fun to put the dress back on. We were doing a "trash the dress" session, which is a new trend in wedding photography, but we didn't really end up trashing it...so my girls can one day still wear it if they want:) Visit kbstudio.blogspot.com and kimbephotography.com.

Side note on this little dressie-dress: I found it online a year before we got married late one night in my room in the Republic of Panama (and while Stace was still spreading the good news in Venezuela). I scoured through dresses online and in magazines, and when I found this one I just knew it was IT! I saved it to my desktop and often would go back and look at it throughout the year. Well, the day after Stace got home when we decided to get married, the hunt for the dress truly began. I learned, however, that it was no longer available online:( and I was so sad to hear each time I entered a bridal shop "sorry, we don't carry that dress anymore since it's from last season."

With two months before the wedding my sister and I went to a bridal shop in Thomasville, Georgia, hoping we'd find a dress that would come in as a close 2nd to my dream dress. I looked and looked, and finally meandered my way back to the clearance rack...

THERE. IT. WAS. One left! In my size (ok, it was a little big but not that big!) and only $200! This, in my opinion, was not a coincidence. It was a sweet tender mercy. He wants us to be happy, and he cares about even the little things we care about. I was so excited and so grateful!

The end:)

3 comments:

MA said...

wow- what a hot couple! you guys look so good and happy and kim, you are absolutely beautiful- a brides model for sure!

Jennifer said...

I love tender mercies, that was a great one!

Amanda said...

Those pictures were awesome. I bet that was so fun! Ryker and I got to do that too a year later. The wedding pictures I used on my blog for Ryker's birthday slide show were actually from our fake wedding...in some ways they were more fun! Glad Stace was a good sport, y'all look adorable!