You see, there is this number that always appears on my scale, and no matter how hard I try, or how much I sacrifice or work out, it will. not. go. down. I think to myself..."I wonder what I would look like at 115 lbs...or even 120...?" But it feels like ever getting down to that weight is pretty much impossible...unless I went anorexic...which is not an option! I really like ice cream.
But seriously. Despite the fact that I am, indeed, a girly-girl, I have been an athlete my whole life. (I played soccer & softball a lot longer than I ever participated in pageants-- twice.) So I think I am just built to have/ built my body up to have a lot of muscle... at least that's what I tell myself is the reason I can't get down to that 115 or 120 number... :/
So, Stace and I finally joined a gym last week! I love it! It's so great! There's this thing called "The Line" where you have personal trainers setting up each machine for you and giving you exercises to do in between each machine to give you a hardcore workout (and it's free!), but I kind of just know that the number won't go down. It's a little bit frustrating. So today, I thought to myself "maybe I need to just work out consistently, and still eat healthy, but not deprive myself of sweets or carbs or whatever else it is people cut out of their diets to lose weight. And just be comfortable at that."
In the past, when I have told myself I'm going to lose weight, I really am dedicated and I won't cheat...note: I have never cut out carbs. There's just no flippin way. I asked Stace that if I tried this way, did he think there would be any difference in me. He wasn't sure. It would seem like when I do it the hardcore way, the number on the dang scale would go down. But since I've tried it that way time and again (and I don't have the patience to wait a year to see it go down), I'm thinking of trying this approach. What do you think? Do you think it might work? Or do you think my body will just never let me get down past a certain point? I would be fine if it wouldn't let me get down past 120 or something! ha:) but, this is just not the case! wha, wha, wha...
This is my newest HM project! Just got it in the mail:) I love it!
9 comments:
I feel your pain! I run at least 3 miles every day but Sunday and I have totally cut out ice cream from my diet and the number still won't go down! I don't know what to do!
FIRST off you are beautiful and I would kill for your body! (Yours too Katie!) Just remember muscle weighs more than fat. I hear that the key to getting your belly to go down is 90% diet and the rest crunches (asked a trainer at the gym). Carbs and fat is what causes the weight in the belly region. So cut your fat and limit carbs. Eat whole grains and whole wheat everything. More Fiber. Watch your fat intake....maybe that will help a little??
I know for me to lose weight I stop carbs 100% but I have to do that because of my PCOS. Otherwise I would never lose weight.
Scales are evil. And mean. And they change their mind a lot. So pay them no mind. Gurl, you make that look good.
i say do whatever is realistic for you.
for a year i did no sweets except one day a month (while i was running cross country at that) and i never saw any change in my weight. maybe one of your awesome new trainers can give some free advice for us all! i've been stuck at the same number forever it's so frustrating.
i must say you are lookin mighty fine guurl, you had a baby?
Oh Kim! Weight is just a number! If you are active (I know you are) and you are eating right (I know you are) then you will feel good. I think all of your readers will agree that you look fantastic! So as long as you look and feel good, I wouldn't worry about a silly old number, you hot mama!!!
I'm just going to say it. You are super skinny as you are. Pay no mind to what the scale says.
Kim,
A long time ago I found your blog through Marquesas's blog. I am a young mom of two and I used to work with Marquesas at the YMCA when I lived in Tallahassee. I enjoy reading your blog because it is positive and your faith in God is inspiring.
Reading your recent post reminded me of a post you made a long time ago when you were pregnant. You basically posted that before you were pregnant you were hard on your view of your body but then being pregnant made you realize what a great figure you had and you needed to appreciate it.
That's what I think now. A number on a scale is just that- a number. It means nothing and should not be a goal for you or any other woman out there. Life is about enjoying every moment. Enjoy your time at the gym but also enjoy that piece of cheesecake if you want it. You seem like a very fortunate young woman- good husband, beautiful child and the last thing you should waste your time and energy on is attaining a number on a scale.
Love yourself as God loves us all and you will be just the right shape and size always.
YOU LOOK GREAT!!! Do you feel good? Yes!! Then stop beating yourself up! You are not a fat, lazy slob! You are a beautiful woman! You have muscle tone, and it does weigh more - be thankful for that muscle - it gives you that great shape! =) Stace loves your shape, I promise you this! =) And I love you too!!
Katie: looks like you have found your answer with the no diet coke! Somewhere, deep down inside of me, the thought has occurred to me to give that up...haha! I don't know how strong I am! haha:) And you look GREAT to me!
Machelle: thank you so, so much for the sweet compliment and also for the tips:)
Tice: I agree, plain evil. Usually I neglect it completely, but when I get on the work out kicks, I can't help myself! :) My scale always hovers around this one particular number, but never seems to go below it! lame. and thank you gurl;)
Freya: thank you my love! and I can't imagine you being any skinnier...honestly! You look great! I haven't been to the gym all week because I've been laid up in bed, but I will just see what the trainers have to say:)
Karley: how do I love thee!? let me count the ways!
Natalie: I luh you. ;D
Megan: thank you so much for leaving this kind and thoughtful comment on my blog. Thank you for holding me to that post I typed back when I was prego...I think I even requested that...so thank you so much for reminding me:) It's hard to keep that at the forefront of my mind...maybe I need a watermelon belly again to remind myself:D And I absolutely love the third paragraph you typed. I should print it out and post it somewhere:) seriously, thank you so much:)
Tonya: I LOVE YOU! We are way too far away from each other:( You always make me smile because I can literally hear you saying everything that I read from you-- whether your comments, your own blog, your FB, whatever. You're the best:)
Post a Comment