
I booked a newborn session with the amazing Kim Brock of Kimbe Photography many moons before Julian was born. She told me it's best to get newborn shots within about a week of a baby's arrival, but she also told me she wouldn't be able to get to where I was until December 21 (she lives in Orlando). So although I really knew he'd be coming a little earlier than my due date (Dec. 6), a part of me hoped he'd come late just so I could get the newborn pics Kim described. (ha! maybe that's a little pathetic!?)
So Boo Boo came on December 2nd! A few days later, I broke down when it hit me like a ton of bricks that he was not going to be itty bitty for very long. I called Stace crying while he was at work to tell him Julian was going to grow up, in case he hadn't realized that. He was very sweet and calmed me down. But I felt a sudden urgency to hurry and book a newborn session for right then! Because by the time we saw Kim, it felt like he'd be so much bigger than he was when he was born! So I booked with a Gainesville photographer whose advertisements I seemed to see everywhere. (I still kept my session with Kim-- I love her work! I was so worried that he would be my only baby I would ever bring into this world, so paying the extra $ seemed worth it, justifiable, and almost necessary to me.) Her name was Laurel Housden. (I like to go to her site and click on her portfolio and listen to the music and have it on while I'm doing other things...love it!). She got me in quick, though she is a very busy and popular photographer...I think her mother heart understood my urgency! ha:) I loved the photos she captured.
So that's the story of how we met Laurel:)
A few months later, I won an online auction that benefitted the March of Dimes for a mini photo session that Laurel donated! I was so excited! We booked our session in May, but all of us got reeeaaallly sick that weekend, and had to wait until she scheduled another mini session. This happened to have been a few weeks ago!
A mini session is supposed to be 30 minutes long, but she stayed with us for-e-ver because it was seriously IMPOSSIBLE to get Julian to look at the camera, not eat the leaves, keep his fingers out of his mouth, etc, etc.
So here are the pics that Laurel captured of us a few weeks ago. (Stace played with the ones in Photoshop that he was interested in seeing a little bit less color saturation, so you can see the difference.) I love them and I am really grateful we have them.






In case you want to see some more and listen to a really cool song, click here. Laurel put together a really fun slideshow:)







9 comments:
Gorgeous! All of you! I love the one of Julian in the chair and the one of you and Stace by the tree. :)
You all are a stunning family! Beautiful thru and thru!
wow! Those thurned out great! The first one must be printed on an hm canvas. And hung on your living room wall. Seriously- cutest family pic ever.
Great pictures! I have such attractive friends (:
Awesome pictures!! Your little family is so beautiful. I happy you got to get the done. Can't wait to see the pictures Kim will do =)
Cute, cute, cute pictures!!! Julian is looking more and more like Stace!!
you guys are sooo incredibly good looking.
i'm so very glad you get as many pictures of that boy of yours as you can because he is amazing!
thank you so much sweet friends for your comments! I just love all you ladies! Happy Halloween! :)
Holy wow, kim! I'm in love! Your cute family is picture perfect! How does it feel being really really ridiculously good looking? Just wondering... ;)
Post a Comment