Wednesday, May 4, 2011

MOVING ON...

Well, folks: life goes by so fast and I find that when I don't post often enough, I get so behind in my blogging about the things I want to journal and document. I haven't posted about Easter yet...and what a delightful Easter it was! I will catch up when I don't have my life in boxes waiting to be unpacked, but for now, I'll start with where we're at today....

We moved into our new home yesterday and I'm so excited about it! Our new place has a fenced in backyard! And a big bathtub (I love baths)! And tile under the kitchen table (as opposed to carpet)! And Stace & I have our own walk in closets! But I think it's so funny/ silly that the thing I might be most excited about is the remote control lights and fans! ha! How many times have I laid in bed with Stace, not wanting to get up to turn the light off? Now I can be as lazy as I've wanted to be all those times! ;D hahaha! But you know, as happy as I am about the house, I think the thing I'm most excited about is the neighborhood. It's just such a striking change from where we just moved from. We took walks yesterday and today to the pool and both times I thought to myself "I can't believe I live here!" I'm truly so excited and grateful that we were able to make this move work.

We have so many people to thank for helping us with our move! Stace's parents and my mom helped us SO much with packing and with Little Boo Boo! He loved to walk around in the moving truck:)
Yesterday on our first walk to the pool area!

He LOVES the pool and the kiddie pool!
He had a BLAST with his daddy letting him reach out for the fountain. When Stace would put him down, he'd reach up to be picked up again and say "AGAIN!" It was a really sweet little memory for me to watch.
Well, I have LOTS more boxes to unpack and take care of, so I should go. But I just wanted to say...yaaaay!

1 comment:

Tonya Driggers said...

So happy for you!! Yay!!

I think packing and unpacking are the worse part of moving. Just take your time and take care of my precious favorite family. =}

Love you!!