Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Things On My Mind...

We got home from a last-minute, whirlwind vacation last night to visit my family up in Michigan, to see my dad's (finally-not-undergoing-renovations-anymore) house on Lake Michigan, and rounded it out with a few fun days in Orlando with Stace's family. It was a great trip!

I went to Target today to get pictures printed to send to my dad, stepmom and my aunts and uncles along with some thank you cards...that was a big headache...I'm never using Target photo printing again. I've used Wal Mart before and it's always been easy and the pictures turn out great. Well I thought I'd give Target a try (because I'd much rather go to Target than Wal Mart any day!) for a second time today-- I also tried over the weekend in Orlando-- and...let's just say, never again and leave it at that:) UGH. I just threw our last load of laundry in the washing machine and Julian's busy catching up on his sleep. I'm feeling a little bit overwhelmed. So many things going through my mind. I thought I'd write them down...that usually helps me feel better...more calm, cool and collected.

  • I need to make something for a certain someone's birthday coming up...
  • Stace's birthday is this Monday and I really want to do a cute gift basket for him. Having a hard time finding what I want to do.
  • Why has a certain relationship in my life changed recently? I miss the way it was. It's weird now. I keep thinking it will get back to normal...just being the way I have always been. Doesn't work.
  • I only gained 2 lbs on our 2 week vacation! Sometimes I feel like I gain 2 lbs per day when I'm pregnant, so I'm slightly stoked about this victory!
  • I'm so grateful for my sister-in-law Beth. She keeps me sane, makes me laugh, and loves unconditionally. Not sure what I'd do without her.
  • I miss my friends in Tallahassee. :*(
  • But I do love & am grateful for my friends here in Gainesville
  • Baby Girl is not going to have a name. Stace and I CANNOT decide on a name. Nothing seems to fit quite right...yet. It's so much harder this time!
  • I feel her move ALL the time...it's awesome:)
  • I love her so much already.
  • I need to finish this 14x8 painting on plywood by tomorrow night...but it's too hot to work on it during the day!
  • Just looked over the immunization record I was given at Julian's appointment the day before we left for vacation. The record does not show he received the MMR shots...this makes me nervous. Hurry up and call me back please, nurse!
  • One time I told someone that I don't think there's anything I do in particular that has contributed to Julian being so smart. I didn't give myself any credit at all there...and I want to take it back a little bit. Yes, he's really smart, but I am also a really good mom. That's one thing I can say I am good at. Please don't misinterpret. I don't want to sound conceited (even though I know I probably already did and there's nothing I can do about it)...honestly, that's something I have always struggled with: knowing what my talents are and feeling like I was really good at anything at all...but the one thing I can say that I know I am good at is being a mom. One thing. I feel like that's allowed.
  • I sure love my sweet boy so much. He is so full of love and joy and silliness!
  • Facing an internal dilemma today over going to the gym.
  • Need to pick up that fabric at Joann's and get to work on our pelmet boxes!
  • I don't like it when people say they'll do something and then chronically never follow through.
  • Did you know Stace and I had to buy diapers for the first time ever a couple days ago?! We got down to one last diaper the night before we left Michigan (because I didn't pack enough, not because we didn't have enough at home). Stace's parents have always been so generous and loving towards us. They always make sure we have enough diapers and wipes. We are so blessed.
  • Ohp! Boo Boo's up. Thanks for listening. :)


Us this past weekend in Orlando on Father's Day with Stace's family:)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

So many things I want to say...

I miss you! Please tell me when you are in town next so we can have a play date!

You will find a name for your sweet baby girl! We struggled with a name for weeks and then one day in the car I asked Todd "If you had to pick a girl name right now what would it be?" He said Savannah Lyn--the rest is history. And remember you have up to their first birthday to change it! ;)

You are an amazing mom! Be proud of that and congratulate yourself on it! You love your children and sacrifice for them....you are superb!

I TOTALLY want to make some pelmet boxes now!! They are soo cute!

I'm jealous you just bought diapers for the first time.....nothing more to say on that! :)

Claudia said...

I've had that same pelmet boxes tutorial on my favorites link forever! I can't wait to see how it turns out :)

Amy Tobler said...

I think you told me that you didn't do anything special to contribute to Julian's genius--I didn't believe you for a second! You are an amazing mom and an inspiration!