I am so anxious about this Tuesday...I'm trying not to think about it as
best I can. I try to be optimistic, but the gigantor liberal media monster machine is
trying it's darndest to squash any hopes conservatives may have. (duh.) I
think Mitt Romney said it best when he said at the Al Smith dinner "Let's just say that some in the media have a certain way of looking at
things. When suddenly I pulled ahead in some of the major polls, what
was the headline? 'Polls Show Obama Leading from Behind.'"
It must be nice for Obama to have nearly the entire news media
heavily biased on his side, barely giving people who aren't sure the
chance to think for themselves.
Whew!
This is one reason I had to get off Facebook, my friends...I get so
flusterated with this whole big mess. And that's what we are in, my
fellow Americans: a gigantic mess. Romney says if he gets elected, he
won't bother wasting time blaming his predecessor on everything he's got
to fix. That's all Obama has done. He made a ga-zillion promises, and
not only broke them, but went backwards.
The two main broken promises that are most important to me are:
1. He said he'd reach across the aisle; that he'd work with both
Democrats and Republicans and that our nation would come together. Yet now, our
nation is in a state of such devastating political divisiveness, it's
enough to shatter even the most "hope"ful of souls. It seems that many
people from "both sides of the aisle" are seething with such hatred
towards each other. It seems that over this campaign, every time Obama
has opened his mouth, he has had to take a punch at the wealthy, as if
they are inherently bad people simply because they are wealthy. And we
now live in a nation where people think everyone owes them something,
and where good people are now being forced to be charitable, which is not charity at all. And what has been the result? People's hearts have waxed cold. So, so cold.
Since the beginning of time, the majority of individuals, children of God,
have never responded well to being forced to do anything.
Since the beginning of time, the majority of individuals, children of God,
have never responded well to being forced to do anything.
and
2. He said he'd cut the deficit in half, and if he didn't, he could
count on only being president for one term. Well, not only did Obama not
even begin to reduce it: he added 6 trillion to it. It's a number so
staggering, I think it's hard to even begin to wrap one's head around, so to put that into perspective: from the time our nation began until 2008, our national
debt grew to a total of 10 trillion dollars. From 2008 until now (ie:
the time Obama has been in office), our national debt has grown by 6
trillion dollars to a total of 16 trillion. I asked Stace, my husband
with a doctorate in finance (almost), for a few numbers to make sure I
got this right, and he took it upon himself to make this little chart
based on numbers from the International Monetary Fund. The two light pink horizontal lines outline Obama's term. Of course the Bush years made it bad, too, but during the Obama years, that little blue line skyrocketed.
Side note: it's interesting how so many in the world of
universities/academia are pro-Obama policies, except for those who have
made a career in studying finance and economics:
the scholars of finance, economics, and accounting widely stand by
fiscally conservative policies and politicians...just sayin'.
I have not been a fan of Obama since he campaigned last time and I learned his policies and voting record on abortion...and not just abortion, in general...partial birth abortion: Murder of a baby who's basically full term.
I have not been a fan of Obama since he campaigned last time and I learned his policies and voting record on abortion...and not just abortion, in general...partial birth abortion: Murder of a baby who's basically full term.
I don't understand how people can be ok with that, and/or let that one slide.
Say and think what you will, but Mitt Romney is a good man. Anything
that says otherwise was basically invented by the media and its
minions. He has done so much honest and good work in his life, out of the spotlight. He
has turned financial disasters around time and again, and that's what
this country needs, because right now, we are a disaster (see chart
above).
He worked as Governor of Massachusetts "across the aisle" with a
legislature which was almost entirely Democrat to fix the state of his
state.
And he believes in the sanctity of a life of a human...an innocent baby.
He believes in giving them a "fair shot." A "fair chance."
If Obama wins again, my heart will be so heavy at the thought of the nation he is creating for my children. There is so much at stake with this election. Christians believe that we are now living in the final days before the Savior returns to the earth. As a Christian, I know that we are now in that eleventh hour. If Obama wins, to me it will mean that we are closer to that twelfth hour than I had before realized.
And please don't fault me for bringing up the word "Christian" in a post about politics. My faith is the foundation for who I am.
I will not apologize for that.
It's hard to set aside one's own bias & search honestly for what is right. I've tried to be honest in my search for the truth and for what is best for our nation. Not who is right, but what is right. I believe with all that I have inside of me that the policies Romney has are what is right.
I've said my peace. On to Tuesday.


9 comments:
I love you Kim! And I agree with everything you said 100%!
Thank you Lindley! I love you too! Thank you for your support, too. We are definitely in the minority when it comes to representation in the media, but I'm hoping the "little guy" will come out on top!
Wonderful post! You said exactly what I've wanted to say for a long time. Let's keep our fingers and toes crossed and say a thousand prayers that Romney wins this election. I don't know if I'm quite ready for that twelfth our to be here yet!.
Thank you Kim for this. I've been feeling very low regarding all this drama, have seriously considered going on a FB ban myself. Thank you for always being so kind in being so strong in your stance. It helps lift me up. I am praying so hard that the majority in our wonderful country see the goodness surrounding Romney and that he honestly and truly wants to help our country. It makes me so sad how the media has spun all of this, so sad that so many I know have fallen for the spin. I'm so sad to see how far our country has fallen in the last 4 years, the anger and divisiveness that has happened between neighbors and friends. That is not a sign of great leadership. Why do so many not see it? Anyway, I didn't mean to be so depressing, your post truly did help uplift me. Thank you!
McKay & Shelley: thank you both so much for your support when I post my political thoughts. Having comments from you both, your family Shelley, and other friends always means a lot to me. I am always nervous when I post anything political and see that I have a comment (usually I am so excited to have a comment!); because, due to the nature of the post...I know I will ruffle feathers and have many who disagree with me. Shelley, I think all the spin you refer to is such a perfect example of Isaiah 5:20 ("woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil..."). It's disheartening, to say the very, very least. You are exactly right...when the nation is divided so heavily, it is a true sign of failed leadership. amen and amen to your both of your thoughts.
Love your blog :) and we are from the same wonderful town!
anywho! Our interim pastor at our church gave the best sermon a week ago. He didnt go into which person we should vote for (obviously) but he went over the three major things that as christians we should think about before voting tomorrow. 1. The presence of our lord and savior in our country. He gave dates, times, and places of where obama has tried to take God out of it. 2. The sanctity of marriage between a woman and a man and 3. Views on abortion.
He said as Christians we have a resposibility to take these things into account and that we must stand for what we believe in.
I pray with all my being that we see a strong Christian man take control of this country tomorrow
Thank you for reading my blog and for the comment! I recognize you from Brittany D's FB photos:) Any friend of that sweet girl is a friend of mine:) I just hopped on over to your blog and enjoyed looking through your posts-- your little boy is so handsome and I love the way you dress him! Again, thank you so much for your comment. That's really cool that your pastor stood up and made that case for Christian voters. I am praying right along with you (and your pastor, I'm sure)!!
I shared your National Debt picture on Facebook today. It's Election Day, and while my stomach is tied in knots, I'm doing my best to trust that God is aware of our country. Either way, I'm proud to be an American. Definitely saying lots of prayers!
Crystalee: thank you so much for your comment...I can always count on your optimism! I couldn't agree with you more. Of all nights, our TV has gone out tonight so I'm updating my news page every so often, and praying and clinching my teeth all the time. Yet I know that no matter the outcome, there is so much more to life than this, and I am here for a greater purpose than all of this; we all are. God will continue to bless those who follow Him, no matter who the U.S. president is. (There's a post coming about those thoughts in the next few days;)
Post a Comment