Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Julian, Julian, Julian...

You make us so happy!
This little boy brings so much joy into our lives. I wish I could bottle up the sweet, heart-melting memories he plants in our hearts each day so that we could relive them anytime we want. 

Y'all, seriously, these cheeks are as soft and sweet and squishy as they appear in this photo, and kissing them is like heaven!
 If you haven't read the "Julianisms" on the right-hand side of this blog, go ahead and take a look-see sometime.  Kids really do say the darndest things, and this kid...well, he's hilarious and thoughtful and kind, and well...perfect to us.  We often tell him how funny, special, and sweet he is, and how happy he makes us, and that he's pretty much the cutest thing ever. He smiles and says "thanks!" (The smile he gives is genuine, not forced like the one below;)
Sure, he has his moments of disobedience like all kids, but...knock on wood, I really think he is beginning to emerge triumphantly from the throes of the terrible two's (and three's), which, for Julian, were marked by defiance, harsh tones of voices, and demands.  We've really been trying hard to nip those moments in the bud and doing our best to correct right then and there.  We still have a ways to go, as I hear from his Daddy that he can be a bit of a wild-child in Primary, but each day is a new adventure, opportunity (and yes, sometimes struggle) to teach and I think (hope!) we're moving in the right direction...(!)
But back to the joys, because let's face it...he is so much more of pure sunshine in our lives than anything else.  He runs to me when I kneel down and open my arms, and gives me the biggest, best, squeezy hugs! He loves my kisses, and gives them back in return (tenfold sometimes)! He loves, loves, loves his Daddy!
 And how could he not?  Stace is pretty much the best, most energetic playmate a little babe could ask for! One of Julian's favorite things to do with his Daddy right now are PILLOW FIGHTS!
 The quality of these iPhone photos are definitely sub-par, but you get the picture:)
I mean really, I couldn't ask for a cooler kid...
My mom sent him this costume for Christmas... (clearly, it's been way too long since a J post!)
  
He still loves reading his books!  "Mama, will you read this to me on the couch?" is a phrase I hear often. (Notice how he specifies "the couch" because he knows reading a book in bed means it's about time to go to sleep!) Currently his favorite "Llama Llama Red Pajama" but his favorite usually changes weekly.
We had an amazingly warm day back in January and we went to the pool with his BFF TJ! He can't wait to start going to the pool again! 
The water was a tad cold! Those little lips were a tad blue, too!
He loves to snuggle with me!  Last week in the middle of the day he was calling my name ("Mama!") as I was trying to get something out of my closet, then I hear "Mama, I just wanna snuggle with you in your bed!" Tonight we are letting J sleep in our bed. This was his prayer: "Dear Heavenly Father, please let me stay in Mommy and Daddy's bed, and not have to go to my room. Thanks." Ha! We said another one after that to thank Him too, but I thought that that matter-of-fact "thanks" at the end was pretty cute! Ha! Guess we won't be moving him to his bed later:)
Can I just say I love having snuggley little bumpkins? Some people are huggers, some are not. I definitely am. Can't help it (and I wouldn't want to anyway!)-- that's just my family and how I was raised.  Stace is very affectionate too (yes, quiet Stace), so we are big huggers in our family!
He loves exploring outside. Here we are doing just that. Daddy took some neat photos. Please excuse my frumpy "hiking" outfit! EEK! (It took me two months to get the courage to post these...ha!)
 These photos remind me of that "Get in the Picture" article; I had no idea he was taking them.
Love this one!
 Proud of my sweet boy.
 He, along with his baby sister, sure LOVES LOVES LOVES his Pop Pop! Here his is singing Pop Pop happy birthday:)
 I love to just stare at him and admire his little features. Those eyelashes...
 that hair...
 those eyes...
 that nose...
 those cheeks...
 and that big ol' smile!
 Since I made my blog private, and since I know exactly who is able to view it, I feel comfortable sharing these...
 This is MY FAVORITE candid sibling shot EVER!
Playing in a box, because that's what you do when you're a kid:)
 I take back the "Llama Llama Red Pajama" comment about his favorite book. This one is actually it...
 He loves to help me cook and bake!
 And, I tell you what, he is super good at cracking the eggs and not getting any shells in the bowl...
Look at the profile! I just die! Sorry y'all...I'm a mother obsessed. 
 Mr. Bowtie...
 Here he is playing dragons with Daddy. Have I mentioned how AWESOME this boy's imagination is? Well, it's stunning.
 "Mommy, I'm laundry!"
I love these poems I just found online (with no author attached to them...sad!)! The first is especially perfect to me for my little Julian!

A Little Boy
Scuffed up knees, a freckled nose (for Julian, we'll say...a button nose)
with dimples here and there.
A daring, caring, sharing heart
a mass of tossled hair.
Boundless curiosity
the spirit to explore.
Two twinkling eyes, a smiling face
and energy galore!
A love of life, a bit of sass
a source of untold joy.
A wonderment, a dream fullfilled
God's miracle................ a BOY  !!
God's Dream
God made a world out of His dreams, 
of magic mountains, oceans & streams. 
Prairies and plains and wooded land, 
then paused and thought, 
 "I need someone to stand on top of the mountains, 
to conquer the sea, explore the plains and climb the trees, 
someone to start out small and grow sturdy, 
strong like a tree and so..... 
He created Boys 
full of spirit and fun to explore and conquer, 
to romp and run with dirty faces, banged up chins, 
with courageous hearts and boyish grins. 
When He had completed the task He'd begun, 
He surely said, "That's a job well done." 
He is my dream, my miracle, and Stace and I are pretty proud when we take a step back and look at him and think "we made that!" 
A job well done, indeed.
We thank our Father in Heaven for him in each of our prayers.
 I love him with all my heart.

1 comment:

Eloquent Obi said...

precious is all i can say! truly lets you know that heavenly father is wonderful and can create anything and everything beautiful and full of blessings! thank you for sharing!-Obi