Lately you have been running to me and then pouncing on me with the BIGGEST hug imaginable! You love running into my arms, and when you do, you have the most delighted and purely joyful smile on your face. You also love it when I pick you up while I'm hugging you, you curl your legs up around me or scrunch your knees in toward you and just "hane on!" (you love to say that) as you give me the biggest "monkey hug" (which is what I like to call it because you remind me of a monkey when you do this).
The other day your nursery music teacher stopped me after church and just complimented you and marveled at your ability to sing along to songs! She laughed as she recounted to me how you danced and sang along to "Old McDonald". She said "Ella Grace was just having a grand old time singing and dancing!" It was so neat for me to see someone else share in the joy that comes from watching you gleefully play, dance, and sing. Your favorite songs to sing right now are: Old McDonald (you like to add the E I E I O's:); Twinkle Twinkle (you like to add "up above the world so high); Hakuna Matata (you like to sing "Tata!" and finish up the sentences with "no worries", "days", "craze", "phrase", etc; Ariel's "Part of your World" (you carry out the long notes at the ends of her sentences:) **you LOVE Ariel!**; "I am a Child of God", Families Can Be Together Forever, "I Love to See the Temple"; and Patty Cake, off the top of my head:)
You love our Nursery Rhymes book, Five Little Ducks, Goldilocks and the Three Bears (you like to knock, knock on the door:), the Dinosaur Colors and Numbers books (you say "di-na-saur" so perfectly!), Go Dog Go!, Ten Apples Up on Top (you LOVE to practice counting!!!), and still anything by Karen Katz, off the top of my head. We have the same routine with you as we do for brother before bedtime, so we read books, then read scriptures, then prayer, then song. Usually I only read one verse in the scriptures with you, but last night you let me read probably ten verses as you just sat there listening in my lap. We read in the Book of Mormon's book of Enos and about his soul hungering so he knelt down to pray and his sins were forgiven of him because of his faith in Christ, whom he had not yet seen nor heard. We then said our prayers, which you have been learning how to do now for a few weeks. Even when I don't whisper, you do whisper as you repeat the words that I say. You are ever so quiet as you say "dear" "heavenly" "fa-dah"...as if you know it is time to be reverent and calm.
You about melt everyone when you ask for something and beg "pease, pease!" relentlessly until you get whatever it is you are wanting. Uncle Berkeley told his girlfriend about how you do that, so then she started to do it too and he laughed and told her she couldn't do that anymore because he wouldn't be able to say no! You are just too adorable for words. Last night Daddy looked at you and said "oh, Ella Grace! You are too cute! I love you too much!" and Julian said "no, Daddy...that is not a nice thing to say" (as in, you can't love someone too much, and he's right! it's just that sometimes you make us feel like our hearts may burst because of how incredibly adorable you are. It's not just how beautiful you are on the outside with your hair that seems to get not only longer, but lighter also, by the day, or your crystal clear-can't-fake-that-with-Photoshop bright blue eyes, or those dimples and pretty teeth or those long eyelashes or that perfect profile, nor is it the fact that you are so teensy weensy (my little "teacup baby") that Daddy can throw you about 30 feet in the air;); it's how fun-loving you are, how you delight and giggle at the simple things, and how you make us feel with the sweet spirit you add to our home and family. We are so blessed to be your parents. And Brother loves you so much, too. I don't think you actually know his name. It's Julian, by the way. :) We have just referred to him as "brother" to you for so long, so that is what you call him:) You two LOVE to play together! It absolutely is my most favorite sight to see in the whole world. When you two start organically playing together all on your own and squeals of delight are heard from every which way as you chase each other around the house. You two love to chase each other all over the house! We have always taught brother "you don't play rough with girls-- only daddy." because he loves to play rough with his Daddy. He's always been good about following these instructions, but...well, you didn't help things a few weeks ago when you ran up and hugged him really big and really tight, he hugged you back, and then knocked you both over. Before I could get onto him about playing rough with you, I hear you laughing hysterically! So since he loves to make people laugh, and since, well...you LOVE to laugh, this was a game that you both continued to play for probably 30 minutes, and a game you still enjoy today. You give each other huge hugs, he knocks you over, you laugh uncontrollably, and so it goes...
Your hair swooshes and bounces back and forth when you run, and watching that is one of my favorite memories of you that I will keep locked inside my heart forever. Your hair is full and has the most beautiful little curls on the end. You are patient with me as I am learning to "do" hair...you are my little guinea pig...we'll get there:) You are such a good eater! And you love all the good stuff like fruits and veggies and beans, as well as the other good stuff like ice cream and the "can-deee! can-deee!" you sometimes plead (strain) for! ha! ;) You are like a little fish in the water and you LOVE to go to the pool and "swimmy swimmy" in the tub! You could stay in the pool forever, I think. You love animals so much, still. You love to color and have recently started to line up your crayons which I love to watch you do. When you are ready to go somewhere you say "ALWIGHT!" with added emphasis on the "wight!" as in you're ready to get going and get that party started! When you are excited about something, like say, when I put toothpaste on your toothbrush (you love to brush your teeth), you say "hoo-waay! hoo-way!" (hooray!) Your excitement and zest for life is contagious!
Onto some pictures and explanations...
We went strawberry picking (which you thoroughly enjoyed!) and, let's just say...none of the strawberries you picked made it to our car:) Oh, my sweet girl...I just love you!
You broke your sandal at the strawberry patch:)
Spinning around and saying "hane on! hane on!"
I looked back and saw this...
Sometimes, in the middle of nowhere, you will actually stop and say "cheese!!!" how come in these rare moments, the photos always turn out SO bright!?!?! grrr...
You look so pretty in yellow. Like the little sunshine that you are:)
You were as pleased as I thought you'd be with the flowers we got to bring home from the wedding Daddy was in:)
We took photos right before Uncle Berkeley left on his mission a few weeks ago. Here you are taking a break with Pop Pop:)
My dad always used to say to me "I want you back in your watermelon outfit!" I had one when I was about nine months old. I found this watermelon dress at a consignment store and knew it had to be yours. I put it on you when we went to visit Grandpa Bill. He loved it! And he loves you!
You are SO silly! "Hmmm...this looks like a nice place to take a rest..."
The moments in which you and brother's new game was discovered:)
Sprinkling dirt on yourself and rolling around in the grass...silly!
Last week I laid down for a little bit while you and brother were watching a movie. I heard a shriek followed by a couple whimpers, and then no more crying. I heard it again. Finally after the third time, I come out to find you hunched over a carton of chocolate ice cream. Shrieking because you wanted the ice cream so bad, but crying because your hands were too cold to continue dipping into the carton! This. This was one of the moments I'll tell to your future husband:)
This photo captures your essence quite beautifully. I just love you so much! Everyday is so fun with you!
You are such a monkey and you LOVE to climb! You do not let your small stature stop you from trying to do anything.
Peek-a-boo!!!
You love, love, love to play at the park!!! When we pull up to a park, you say "hoo-way!!!" and then when walking to it you start running towards the playground and exclaim "pay! pay!" (play!)
One of your quirky moments...I think you might be considering Buddhism since you came back up and did this over and over...?
Brother and I introduced you to chalk and hopscotch last week for the first time this year; needless to say, you were a fan:)
You begged to put brother's "Buzz! Buzz!" underwear on:)
Another example of how BRIGHT the photos are when you actually stop and say "cheese!!!" It's so amazing I actually capture these moments since my phone is so slow, and even when I do, they turn out so bright. SO LAME! But Ms. Rachel watched you last week while I went to mutual and Daddy was out of town. You got a little mess on your dress, so she put you in her 4-year-old's dress. It was a cute little maxi dress on you!
You don't care about getting dirty!
But you also love to get clean!
You and brother love to play in the bubbles together:)
Reading "Ten Apples Up on Top"
And "Go Dog, Go!"
Coloring a picture for Uncle Berkeley, and lining up your crayons...
I realized while we were at the park that this dress is a size 3-6 months. I was thinking it was like a little tunic top. Oops!
Running to ice cream! We hadn't been in months, but you knew exactly where to go!
Your
hair as a very strong, natural part to the side, so getting a straight
line down the middle has proven to be a very tough challenge!
You look so much like your cousin Kate (who you remind me of anyway:) in the pic on the left!
After Church on Sunday you again requested the Buzz underwear and then to ride on the tricycle!
I
will look back on these pictures and remember the joy of each outing
with you. You love being outside. It is your favorite thing. And being
with you outdoors, seeing you marvel at every little thing, and find joy
in every little thing, is the height of pure joy for me.
You picked up this chicken leg and walked around saying "cluck, cluck!" What in the world?! hahahaha!
You were obsessed with Julian's friend's shoes at the pool yesterday (of course, they featured a mermaid kitty!) and refused to take them off:)
After
getting in from the pool yesterday, I put you down for a nap. It was so
comfy and cozy in your room, and you looked like heaven snuggled there
in your crib:)
Sometimes you walk on your tippy toes...hilarious:)
Even though you wore your size 2 (3-6 months) sandals to church on Sunday, you are pretty much out of size twos, but still holding on to your size 3's (6-12 mos)! Good night. They are getting pretty raggedy and some have even lost their soles!
Coloring pictures of something we can do this week to follow Jesus during FHE.
Coloring today at Baby Quincy's fist
birthday party!
Today you picked up your Book of Mormon and read it aloud to yourself! :)


























































2 comments:
how precious! what great and inspiring words you have for your sweet girl. i enjoyed reading it and seeing the pics! Thank you for sharing her with us all. --Obi
Thank you so much for your always kind and endearing comments, Obi! What a lovely and optimistic person you are!
Post a Comment