Saturday, May 3, 2008

Busy Weekend!

Yesterday afternoon my sister-in-law Beth came over to visit us with her three adorable girls. It was so fun! We haven't seen them since January; my nieces have grown so much! One of the saddest parts about living away from family is that you miss the growing uppage of all the youngins. :( Here is a picture of the girls with Beth. Caroline Elizabeth, 5; Katherine (Kate) Vann, 2; and Georgia Clare, 6 mos.

Here is a picture of Caroline and Colby. That poor cat. Haha! My nieces were simply trying to love and play with him, but that kitty was terrorized! He was so tolerant, though! He let them poke, prod and carry him upset down as much as they wanted. haha! good kitty.


The CD Release show went great! They sold quite a bit of C.D's and t-shirts. The bass drum (I think it was the bass drum) was a bit too loud and Stace's vocals were not quite loud enough, which was kinda annoying. I kept waiting for the sound guys to fix it, but they didn't. They also never fixed the feedback that continued throughout the show...which was also annoying! I don't know if other people notice those things like I do though...I hope not. When you've been to about a-baszhillion LB shows, you notice when everything is absolutely perfect, and when there is something not quite right. I don't mind, of course; but I just get annoyed because if other people are there for their first time, I am like "I promise they are better than this!"

This morning I woke up and got ready to be Princess Genevieve from the "Twelve Dancing Princesses" movie for a birthday party. Emma Thomas, the birthday girl, was one of Stace and I's Sunbeams when we were in Primary. Emma's mom, Ann, called me and asked if I could dress up and pretend to be Princess Genevieve for her fifth birthday party. Ann and I went to Goodwill and found a few articles of clothing she could work with to piece together a costume. We didn't find too much to work with, so I was so impressed with what Ann did! She did a great job! I'm not gonna lie: I felt like a bit of an idiot in that froofy dress, and I kept thinking about how embarrassed I would be in front of all the parents as I tried to act like a "real" Princess Genevieve. But I was determined to stay in character for little Emma and the rest of my ex-Sunbeams.

Well, it turned out to be SO much fun! I managed to get over my pride/ embarrassment and just have FUN! We did, too: we had a blast! The boys got to fight off "ogres" (green balloons with scary faces) with their swords in the backyard, and they even enjoyed being called "Prince William" and "Prince Cameron" and dancing with us. I love those kids!

This afternoon a beautiful baptism took place. A wonderful family friend, Stephanie White (she's like a sister) was able to speak at the baptism of her sister, Stacey. Stephanie got baptized ten years ago, and ever since then she's been praying that Stacey would also find her way to the Gospel. It was such an awesome day! Yay for Stacey and her family!

My sister Marissa and her husband Tom are staying with us this weekend. They live in the Destin, Florida area. We are having lots of fun so far! After the baptism we came home and did a little crafty project. This was an old Relief Society project Marissa had leftover materials from, so she brought them over and we did it. Her white stripes have the "city on a hill" scripture in Matthew on it, and mine has the 13th Article of Faith.

Tomorrow our neighborhood is having a potluck called "Falling Star FIGHTS BACK!" There has been ten robberies on our street, Falling Star Drive, since March! ah! A police officer is coming to talk to us about the details of the robberies and about crime prevention. So far Stace and I have been blessed not to have been victims. It might also be that we don't have anything in our house worth breaking into for! :)
This morning a man from Certified Security came over because our landlord (my dad) is thinking about letting us get a security system.
When we haven't been busy doing everything you see in these pictures, we've been sleeping...A LOT!
Hope you all have had a good weekend so far!
-Over and Out-

7 comments:

Tice said...

That was one busy weekend!

Anonymous said...

You guys are always so busy!! You make me feel like such a bum because I just sit at home and moan about being sick. You make a great princess though!

natalie said...

You must have a ton of energy to survive such a weekend!
You make a great Barbie BTW!
I just went on Lucid Blue's myspace page, and I loved new EP playlist!
How fun would it be to play Warped tour?! I'm going to vote for Lucid Blue as soon as I figure out how!

Kim said...

Katie: if I were in my first trimester of pregnancy, I would also be sitting at home moaning about being sick! And, YOU make a GREAT princess! Princess Katie-- it has a lovely ring to it!
Natalie: I don't feel like I have a ton of energy-- I suppose I just keep chuggin along through the goings on, and then I come home and SLEEP! ahhh... :) Stace would LOVE to play at Warped Tour! It's pretty much his dream I think. We're so glad you like the music!
Tice and Natalie: We got to see your mom and dad tonight and they got CD's for you two! yay!

Sally Sirmans said...

Phew, that's one crazy weekend. I think I'll nap on you behalf!

Sally Sirmans said...

oops, your not you

And, you do make a great princess!

Mrs. Blimes said...

what a beautiful princess you make kim!!! Also, congrats to stace on the CD! can u buy copies online at their myspace or what??? what an exciting time for yall!!!