Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Just In Case You Missed This...

Just several days after Julian was born, NBC aired a masterpiece of a show that unfortunately only lasted for one week. So while Julian slept (and slept, and slept...) I was able to watch this show each night and I was OBSESSED! It was called:
"The Sing Off"
All day today I have had a song in my head from that show...actually, it is a Kelly Clarkson song, but I have the version in my head from "The Sing Off". Mind you, this song "Already Gone" was never a song I particularly liked. If it had come on the radio I would have tried to see if there was anything else on. If not, I maybe would have listened to it...but I probably would have just turned it off. But when I saw this absolutely adorable girl with an angel voice sing it with her backup singers and zero instruments, I absolutely fell in love with the song. Now I love it when it comes on the radio! You must watch...it is so worth it!

I want to share some of my favorites from the show with you...I think you will LOVE them!
Ok, if you want to just sit and watch and be amazed by pure unadulterated talent, watch this by acapella group Nota from Puerto Rico (hence the Latin flare towards the end of the song). They were my favorite from the beginning and they won!
Can you believe there are NO instruments!? It just blows me away.

Watch this amazing rendition of my favorite Coldplay song. This group of beauties is from BYU! How cute is the lead singer?! Well, they all are, truly!
And last, but CERTAINLY not least is a SUPER fun "Sweet Caroline" ensemble!! How perfect! I love it! And yes, I did send this to my sister-in-law and brother and told them to show it to my very own "Sweet Caroline" niece-- (when she was little she thought this song was written about her;)

Hope these videos added some smiles to your day!

PS: I have heard I would like the show "Glee"...if it's anything like this then YES I would love it! I need to see it!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

smiling...I am so glad you shared this...I love the singing parts of Glee, but that's about it, well Sue Sylvester is hilarious..but anyway. I had heard about this show, but though it was like the spelling bee show..can't wait to watch it!

Jennifer said...

I meant the singing bee, not spelling bee :).