Stace, Julian and I took a holiday (as our friends in the UK say it) last weekend to visit the Carrs down in Tampa. We had such a great time with them! Thursday night Mary Ann hosted a Heritage Makers party for me, which is always a fun time! 
Then Friday we went on a walk in the park in the morning & shopping in the afternoon, & that night we went to see MARY POPPINS! I am in love with Mary Poppins, the show, that is. (*The title of this blog post is a Mary Poppins song! So fitting, eh?! I'm so clever! hehehe;) 
It’s funny because when I was a wee bit I never really liked the movie, in fact, I don’t think I ever finished watching it all the way through. But when I saw it while studying abroad in London, I absolutely fell in love with it. I loved it so much that out of all the things a gal can do on her last night in London, I went to see it...for the second time…by myself (no one went with me because they’d already seen it…I say…how is that an excuse!?;) …and sat in the very front row, very center! Needless to say, I was absolutely elated when I found out they were doing a North American tour. We had a great time. I love it for so many reasons. It’s truly magical. It’s like watching the magic of Disney in real life, right before your eyes. It’s witty and charming and inspiring with powerful music with lyrics like:
"Stretch your mind beyond fantastic! Dreams are made of strong elastic!
Take some sound advice and don’t forget it: anything can happen if you let it!
Broaden your horizon, open different doors. You may find a you there that you never knew was yours!...
If you reach for the stars, all you get are the stars, but we’ve found a whole new spin:
If you reach for the heavens, you get the stars thrown in!
Anything can happen if you let it: life is out there waiting, so go and get it!
Grab it by the collar! Seize it by the scruff! Once you've started living life you just can't get enough!
Anything can happen, it's official! You can choose the super, or the superficial.
Sally forth the way we're steering. Obstacles start disappearing!
Go and chase your dreams you won't regret it! Anything can happen if you let it!”
Saturday we went to the beach where Julian had his first dip in the ocean. 


On the way home from the beach we went to Five Guys and Rita’s! yum! 
I think we look like a couple of youngins in this pic! not the true Golden Girls that we are;D
just look at those cute husbands! ;)
Boo Boo had just as much fun washing off the sand as he did getting it on him! ;)
The next morning I was serenaded by my husband and wonderful friends and had a candle to blow out:) What a wonderful weekend it was with them!
We got home in time for church at 1:00. I was so sad to leave our last ward, but we are really loving our new ward too! It’s nice to be there among old friends and new friends. I got called into the Young Women presidency (I love serving in YW!) and then later while I was playing with Boo Boo and putting him down for a nap, Stace made me a cake. It was his first cake baking experience ever and he did a great job! Turns out we didn’t have enough eggs so Stace even used an applesauce substitute for one of the eggs (I think we have a professional baker on our hands! no?). I might do that from now on because it was really good. Anyway! It was a indeed a jolly holiday and a very happy birthday!



2 comments:
Yah! Love this post! It was such a "jolly holiday" with you guys. I'm so glad you took pictures (I'm such a slacker!)So when are you coming back- hehe :)
I know my little girl is not so little anymore!! it is crazy how time flies :) We are in Tampa. Chris is finishing his residency at Tampa General and then we will be off to...??? Not sure :) I spoke to Beth and I am so excited for them!!!Again I love your blog!!! Your family is beautiful!!!!
Post a Comment