Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Chronicles of Turning 26...ia...

It started with a big smile and a "Happy birthday" from my husband right when I woke up. Then I went out and found this on my doorstep from my sweet friend Amelia. She knows me. I heart Baked Ruffles. And pink. And cookies. And sweet cards.
Then we went out to check out a couple furniture pieces I'd found on Craigslist. Afterwards we went to Chik-fil-a, where Boo Boo decided to dip his grapes in ketchup, because that's normal.

Then we went to Big Lots, where we got our very first EVER vacuum! Can you believe we've never owned a vacuum as a married couple (it's been almost 5 years)!? It's true. The first house we lived in was all wood/ laminate and tile flooring, so I just swept and mopped. Then my sister gave us her old broken one which worked fine for a little while 'til it completely died. Then we used my mom's for a while. Then we used Amelia's for a while. Ha! Now we finally got one. That story was way too long.

This vacuum is $130 at Target; $70 at Big Lots. Tha's whassup.
Then we went and got me a pair of sunglasses! YES! Yep, my birthday gift was $11 at Target. My husband is a lucky man, no? ;)

Then these two surprised us yesterday by saying they were comin down to take us to lunch and partay! It was so nice of them, and we loved their company! We went to the restaurant we went to when we told them Julian's gender when he was just a wee 19 weeks old. :)
Then we took some photos...
Just because he's so cute:
And told some apparently exciting secrets...!

And then, what was just going to be a quick trip to the mall to pick up a cookie cake Stace ordered for me
At first I thought "aw, 'Kimberly' he never calls me that!" but then I realized...it was all about maximizing the icing! haha! I married a smart one! PS: do you like the patriotic, *pink*, white and blue colors in honor of Memorial Day? :D
turned into a spontaneous shopping trip sponsored by the in-laws where I got a new maternity swimsuit, new Boo Boo clothes, and lots of fun new makeup!!! Yay!!!
Then my mama showed up!! It made me feel loved and special:) Also making me feel this way were the phone calls, texts and Facebook posts received from friends and family! What is it about a Facebook birthday post that can just make your day? I don't know, but they just do! :)
She came bearing gifts! I was definitely surprised, but happy to take them! :D (Despite what the look on my face in this pic may say otherwise...this was the only pic of the cute pool bag she gave me with all the beautifully wrapped gifts)
"Hooray!" Gigi! Thank you so much!!! I love you!

After cake and presents we went down to the pool and let the fearless 18-month old swimmer play for a while:) Then Grandmommy & Pop Pop loaded Boo Boo up in their car to play with him in Tallahassee for a couple days. I love you Boo Boo! I know you are having a BLAST!

Then I opened my sweet birthday card from my sweet husband

That really meant a lot to me. I love cards:)

We bought movie tickets via Groupon a few months ago and haven't gotten a chance to use them, so we used them last night and we went to see Something Borrowed! We both liked it...it was really cute! I liked the three main actors a lot, though Stace says he doesn't really like Kate Hudson. I told him the main actor, this guy, is almost as cute as him...almost!

No, there were no big parties, but my birthday was quiet and special because the people who love me told me so. And I love all of them too...so much!

No comments: