Ella Grace is a whopping 16 pounds and is just growing like a little weed! Daddy has said that his favorite thing about Ella Grace is that when she's content, she purrs like a cat. We did not tell anyone else this, but his dad (Pop Pop) said the very same thing a short time later! Without further adieu, let's give the last month a photographic review!
The sleepy time...


has continued to dwindle, as the alert time has continued to rise!

Ella Grace just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter

while Mommy has so much fun dressing her up in the clothes we are given by Grandmommies, aunts, and friends!
She went to her first Medieval Faire this month...it was a 1st for all of us! Maybe she wasn't as impressed with the jousting as we'd hoped...

The newness of the discovery of the feet
was still strong at the beginning of the month, but seems to have started to ware off.

My mother-in-law took 4 month pictures of Ella Grace! And I could not be happier with them! I think she does just as amazing as the most expensive photographer I know of...

She used a Photo Shop editing technique called "Baby Skin" that is commonly used by professional photographers when editing baby photos. However, she did not touch baby girl's eyes with any editing tools. All it took was the sunlight streaming in from the windows to naturally catch the beauty of Ella Grace's blue eyes!



Ella Grace took her first trip to the voting polls this month and received her very first "I Voted" sticker!

She snuggled up to her dollies more than ever this month too!


She felt the grass beneath her feet for the first time this month, and she thought it was pretty much uhhhmazing! She was so excited! It was so cute! We'd gone outside with brother to play while Daddy was at work. I wish I'd had another person there to take pictures of the expression on her face because it was so precious (we got these with Julian...actually, I think it was his 2nd time...it's not too late:)! It is pure magic watching a baby's expression when they see or experience something for the first time. It's surely one of the best perks of being a mommy. I just love it!

This month we went and visited our awesome friends the Carr's. Ella Grace fell asleep like this in her babysitter's arms while the mommies and daddies went to Les Miserables. It was adorable to come home to!

The next day Ms. Mary Ann put a curler in Ella Grace's hair for the very first time! Gotta start the primping young! ;)

Ella Grace is such a sweetie baby, on the last day we were there, Ms. Mary Ann asked "does she ever cry?!" She's pretty happy, that's for sure! And if she does start to fuss, it's usually nothing some loving eye contact and a big smile can't fix. She did cry for 2.5 seconds in front of Ms. Mary Ann...and we caught that moment on film:

While visiting the Carrs, she cut her very first tooth! And then the second one came the very next weekend! Here she is showing them off!
That same weekend we went to Tallahassee so she could watch her Uncle Berkeley receive his Eagle Scout award! She was so proud of him! Unfortunately, I did not get a picture with the two of them :( But I did get a picture of her playing with her Aunt Candace! They seem to make the same expressions every time I take a picture of them:)

She played with the toy attachment for her swing for the first time this month:

This month was also the first time she ever went into the shower with me in her little infant tub. SHE LOVES IT! Sorry...no video/ pictures of this...but it's pretty much her favorite part of the day!
Ella Grace continues to be infatuated by her big brother, and loves watching him!

Even though she seems to be growing so fast, I like to see her being held by Daddy, or just looking at her in pictures with us because we can see how leetle she still is. :)

Ella Grace's future BFF made her grand entrance into the world this month! (Julian's BFF's little sister!) Ayla was born February 11, and we were so excited to go see her the day they came home from the hospital! She is so precious, and I just love her pretty little lips and mouth!

Ella Grace seems to do everything just a tad earlier than Julian did. From cooing, to rolling over, to cutting her first teeth, to sitting up! Ella Grace has almost mastered sitting up already! She's still a bit wobbly, but she can really hold herself up for an impressive amount of time.

However, one thing she's started doing that I think is about the exact same time as Julian is making raspberries! Julian LOVED doing this when he figured it out when he was about 5 months old! Well, Ella Grace figured it out last week and she thinks it's pretty much the coolest thing ever!

Do you love her hair in the above pic?! Me too. She had been wearing a headband that day that had pushed her hair up! I couldn't take enough pictures when I took the headband off...I found it quite hilarious:) She didn't think it was so funny!

Ella Grace is very hot natured just like her brother! When you hold her, she tends to get sweaty pretty quickly! Ella Grace also knows her name! When you say her name, she turns to you and smiles and looks all doe-ey eyed at you! She's SO precious! eek!
Ella Grace also celebrated her first Valentine's Day this month (see previous post).
I have heard from my sister-in-law's sister how much she thinks Ella Grace and Georgia look alike, but I haven't seen it quite as much as she does. But on the last day of her fifth month, I took a picture of Ella Grace and as soon as I snapped it I said "oh my goodness! That's Georgia!" (my niece.)

Well, maybe not twins, but they could definitely be related! ;)

Maybe next month there will be a "first foods" update! We shall see! Until next time...
1 comment:
Or maybe they could be twins- oh my goodness does she look a lot like Georgia! She is just a sweetheart, I too never hear her cry and am always surprised how well she does when we're out to eat! I am excited for Ayla to be her bff!
Post a Comment