*On January 7, Julian got a haircut! His FIRST ever haircut sitting in the barber chair. I hated it...real bad. He instantly grew about 15 years and I was so not okay with that. The tears were a-flowin that dreadful day. But, his hair has grown out a bit and it has started to grow on me. I still miss his luscious locks:(
*A couple months ago (it's been way too long since a Boo Boo update!), Candace and I were driving in the car talking, and every time we'd get in a conversation he'd say "Mama! What you sayin' mama?!" He likes to be a part of all of my conversations, and if he's not, he at least wants to know what I'm talking about!
*Over Christmas he'd come over to my side of the bed and say "mama! I've got a present for you!" So I pretended to open up this pretend present and was so excited and said "oooh!!! I love it! What is it?!" and he said "it's a choo choo train!!!" loves to play pretend!
*I organized my side table hardcore over Christmas. It's filled with all of my crafting and painting stuff. Before it was just all kinda jammed in there and one time I couldn't even wedge one of the drawers open for a few days! So you can imagine how delighted I am now when I look inside and see all my crafty stuff before me and easily accessible. Well, little Boo Boo can open the bottom drawer and he always does and reaches inside whilst saying "Mama! I got a present for you!" it's so sweet that he wants to give me a present, but all of my organization goes out the window, and the ground gets suddenly covered with foamies and ribbon that was once neatly organized. ! :O
*He loves to say "Mama! What's dat Mama?" He says it over and over again about everything he sees!
*Last week he woke up and said "dada! what time is it?" and Stace said "it's about 9 o'clock." and Julian said "no! It's watch Wonder Pets time!"
*Every time he wakes up, be it in the morning or after his nap, he grabs both his blankets off his bed and carries his big load out to wherever he's going. It's so funny. He's never had a lovey or anything...he just always brings his blankets with him when he gets out of bed. Then he drops them at his first stop and forgets about them.
*Sometimes when he wakes up, he cracks open his door and peeks out...I guess he's surveying the area. Then he'll close the door again. This can happen several times over and over again. Last week it did, until he eventually said while peeking out of the cracked door in his groggy, sweet little voice "hi mama!"
*Julian understands the concept of singular vs. plural. Over Christmas, when we'd sing "Rudolph", he insisted that it went "ALL of the other reindeerSSS" because the word "all" implied more than one. This morning when he said goodbye to Daddy, he ran after him holding one of his Kix cereal pieces and said "here, Dada! have a Kick!"
*Julian thinks it's SO HILARIOUS when Bambi is learning to say "bird" and also when the rain starts falling and the song "April Showers" comes on in the movie. It's so funny and adorable. Such sweet innocence:)
*He'll tell you what's up if you treat him wrong! Last month when I picked him up from the Kids Club at the gym, the caretaker who was watching him and the other kids said to me "he is so smart!" and I said "oh haha! what did he say/ do?" and she said that there was one little boy who was crouched over monopolizing the trains, and Julian came over and tried to play too. The other kid pushed Julian, and Julian knelt down, shook his head, got in the boy's face, and calmly said in a stern tone with a concerned look on his face, (I know it exactly, wish I could get it on video!) "don't push me. don't push me." He did the same thing at the playground just last week. There was a little boy at the playground last week who pushed him down to the ground. Julian stood up and furrowed his eyebrows and sternly said "don't push me." Good boy:)
*That same day at Kids Club at the gym, the caretaker told me she said to him "Julian, you have such pretty eyeballs! Can I trade with you?" and he said yes and then proceeded to put his hand towards her eyes so he could take them out for the trade. ha!
*Last week he and I ran around the house playing dinosaurs. We were speaking as if we were the dinosaurs we were each holding, running from place to place looking for meat, veggies, and making them dance like they do in one of his books. It was the first time we've ever played pretend where we were speaking for the dinosaurs. It was really cute:) We do this with trains too; we'd done it with trains before the dinosaur time.
*He asked me what kind of dinosaur he was looking at in his coloring book, and I glanced at it and said "oh, that's a brontasaurus" and he said "no, that's a bracchiosaurus." I then looked it up. He was right.
*This boy can be the sweeeeetest thing ever, and then such a spitfire too! Wowza! But, knock on wood...I think he is easing his way out of it...maybe the terrible twos will be like a ripping off a bandaid and we're almost done with them? Maybe? haha! He is truly usually so sweet though. One thing he says that I absolutely love is I will tell him something and he'll say "Oh, otay Mama!" so sugary sweetly and obediently. It's the best<3
* A couple weeks ago we were walking around Publix after he got a cookie. I said, "Julian, you got a cookie! You are such a lucky boy." And he smiles and knowingly says "haha, yeah!" and I said "you're just a lucky duck!" and again, repeats his very assured "yeah!" coupled with a slight giggle. Then I said "you're the luckiest boy in the whole world!" and he confidently and knowingly said "haha. Yeah. I know!"
*He likes to pretend to read now, and insists often that he read me the story, as opposed to vice versa. He also really likes to "read" Ella Grace books and show her the pictures:) When I read him scriptures, he opens his own Book of Mormon (which, btw, he thinks it's very special that he has his own), and speaks/ reads aloud with me.

*We started potty training on Saturday! We are doing the bare booty method. So far it's been going really well. The first day his only accidents were the first two times he started to go pee pee, but we quickly rushed him over to the potty. After lots of praise/ dancing/ rewards, he got the idea really quickly! No more accidents occurred that day. No accidents occurred the 2nd day either! But the 3rd day we were out for a bit too long, and he had an accident while in the car on the way home. :( Yesterday went really great too. Today he was struck by the diarrhea plague! :( What sad timing to try and be potty training, and the poor baby can't even control himself. So we had to regress and regroup a little bit today. Yet, even after his nap though, he had a clean diaper, and I took it off of him today so he could sit on the potty, and then he went! On the way home yesterday and today he told me he needed to go pee pee, and I'd tell him we were almost home and told him to hold it just a little bit longer, not knowing if he understood what I was saying, or if he was physically capable of "holding it", but both days he stayed dry and went on the potty as soon as we got home! You can tell he's really proud of himself. Every time he starts going in the potty, he looks at me and gets this big smile on his face. :)
*After hearing Julian talk to me today at the doctor's waiting room, I was asked by another lady in there "how old is he?!" "26 months" I say. "Whoa! He talks a lot for his age!" she said. I get this a lot...all the time...when people hear him talk. I know he talks really well & has a really big vocabulary, but sometimes I forget/ don't realize it because he's my first baby.
*Today we went to the the doctor at his naptime because of said diarrhea and also patches of dry skin on his bum. A resident came in to see him first. She checked him out, which he wanted nothing to do with. He clung to me like a baby monkey on his mama. When she left he said he wanted to leave, and I said "we have to wait for a minute. Another doctor is going to come see us." She checked him out, and again, he wanted nothing to do with it. He cried and cried...poor baby was sooo tired. When the attending physician left, I was putting his clothes back on and he said, while wiping the tears away "now another doctor is going to come in and see us, mama." I smiled to myself bc in that moment I did realize how well he talks. I always uses the correct tense, too...it's crazy!
*Also, while at the doctor, he may have escaped out the door at one point and was running down the hall of the doctor's office completely naked. The resident and I chased after him-- he is FAST! ha!)
*Julian had daddy's phone last week in the car and took about 1,000 pictures of his feet. I'm kind of glad he did, because his feet are kind of infamous amongst my friends here in Gainesville: they're known as "the brick feet"! hahahaha!

Julian and I at the Medieval Festival with Daddy, Ella Grace, & the Talbots.

He became "Sir Julian Charles" don't you know?

So beautiful.

He pointed at this car and said "mama! that's a diamond car!"

Teaching Ella Grace everything he knows:)

"painting" the house

*Julian and his best friend, TJ:



Sweet baby tuckered out:

*We started potty training on Saturday! We are doing the bare booty method. So far it's been going really well. The first day his only accidents were the first two times he started to go pee pee, but we quickly rushed him over to the potty. After lots of praise/ dancing/ rewards, he got the idea really quickly! No more accidents occurred that day. No accidents occurred the 2nd day either! But the 3rd day we were out for a bit too long, and he had an accident while in the car on the way home. :( Yesterday went really great too. Today he was struck by the diarrhea plague! :( What sad timing to try and be potty training, and the poor baby can't even control himself. So we had to regress and regroup a little bit today. Yet, even after his nap though, he had a clean diaper, and I took it off of him today so he could sit on the potty, and then he went! On the way home yesterday and today he told me he needed to go pee pee, and I'd tell him we were almost home and told him to hold it just a little bit longer, not knowing if he understood what I was saying, or if he was physically capable of "holding it", but both days he stayed dry and went on the potty as soon as we got home! You can tell he's really proud of himself. Every time he starts going in the potty, he looks at me and gets this big smile on his face. :)
*After hearing Julian talk to me today at the doctor's waiting room, I was asked by another lady in there "how old is he?!" "26 months" I say. "Whoa! He talks a lot for his age!" she said. I get this a lot...all the time...when people hear him talk. I know he talks really well & has a really big vocabulary, but sometimes I forget/ don't realize it because he's my first baby.
*Today we went to the the doctor at his naptime because of said diarrhea and also patches of dry skin on his bum. A resident came in to see him first. She checked him out, which he wanted nothing to do with. He clung to me like a baby monkey on his mama. When she left he said he wanted to leave, and I said "we have to wait for a minute. Another doctor is going to come see us." She checked him out, and again, he wanted nothing to do with it. He cried and cried...poor baby was sooo tired. When the attending physician left, I was putting his clothes back on and he said, while wiping the tears away "now another doctor is going to come in and see us, mama." I smiled to myself bc in that moment I did realize how well he talks. I always uses the correct tense, too...it's crazy!
*Also, while at the doctor, he may have escaped out the door at one point and was running down the hall of the doctor's office completely naked. The resident and I chased after him-- he is FAST! ha!)
*Julian had daddy's phone last week in the car and took about 1,000 pictures of his feet. I'm kind of glad he did, because his feet are kind of infamous amongst my friends here in Gainesville: they're known as "the brick feet"! hahahaha!

Julian and I at the Medieval Festival with Daddy, Ella Grace, & the Talbots.

He became "Sir Julian Charles" don't you know?
So beautiful.

He pointed at this car and said "mama! that's a diamond car!"

Teaching Ella Grace everything he knows:)
"painting" the house

*Julian and his best friend, TJ:

Sweet baby tuckered out:

No comments:
Post a Comment