Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Never a Dull Moment: Valentine's Day 2012!

I had so much fun with Valentine's Day this year! Maybe even more fun than Christmas. Being a mom is awesome because you have excuses to do really cheesy things and it's totally ok:) And I'm a bit of a cheese ball (for example, I say "okie dokie...artichokey" "happy camper" "It's coldies outside"-- or just add "ies" to almost every adjective-- "alrighty, whitey tightey" --I made that one up--, etc. You get the point:), so it works well!

In the weeks leading up to Valentine's Day, when I wasn't getting ready for New Beginnings (it was tonight), or beginning a potty training regimen with my son, or visiting Tampa or Tallahassee, I would scour over blogs looking for a cutesy Valentine to make and send to family. I finally settled on one, but when I went out to Target to get the supplies for it, I said to myself "I'm just going to see what they have and see if I can come up with something on my own." Imagine that! Coming up with an idea all by myself! With Pinterest these days, it seems so far-fetched for me! Yet, when I saw these sticky-hand-thingies, the wheels started a-turnin and an original idea was born! Yay! I can think for myself! ;)

The sticky hands came in packs of 8 and cost $2 I think. Eight provided enough to send to all of Julian & Ella Grace's 1st cousins, and all 3 sets of his grandparents and his great grandma! I had all the paper already, so this was also much cheaper than what I was going to do! I placed some clear plastic over the hands so when the recipient received their Valentine in the mail, it wouldn't be a gooey mess.

And I just couldn't send out Valentine's without including a photo! And how convenient: Grandmommy had recently given me a hot pink shirt for Julian and a matching dress for Ella Grace! I have a green chair. It matched the paper! I was in dorky cheeseball heaven. :)

And that is where my own original creativity ends, and the copying of others' begins...Our Best Bites, I just love you so much. Last year I made breakfast in bed for the boys, but Stace was on his super healthy kick (which, by the way, he's still on), and so I tried to respect that. But, I gotta tell ya, it just wasn't as fun for me. So, today, we threw healthy out the window (and I don't think he minded too terribly;)! Which brings me to my next photo...if you are ever in need of a super quick and super-crazy-amazingly-delicious fruit syrup...look no further than the photo below. I was SO excited I'd get to use my cute crystal pitcher Stace's cousin got us for our wedding. It's quite small, so we never really break it out. But it was perfect to hold and display the festive syrup!

Construction paper conversation hearts led Julian from his room when he woke up out to his surprise! The first thing he said in his excited-groggy-still-sleeping-yet-so-crazy-sweet voice was "Dada! Mama! Too many hearts!" He later called them his "choo choo train heart tracks."

I made these red pom poms a few months ago because I thought I was going to make a pom pom garland for Julian's birthday party. Somehow, with everything else I was doing...the pom pom wreath got pushed to the bottom of the totem pole. But they came in mighty handily today! It was meant to be:)


I used to be a member of the Disney Movie Club, which, bt.dubs, is a pretty sweet deal. I ordered Lion King and Dumbo a while ago, but saved them until today so he could get a fun surprise on love day:)

After Julian opened his presents, I served them a festive breakfast!

It included heart-shaped sausage, heart shaped crescent rolls stuffed with scrambled eggs, heart-shaped pancakes, red Vitamin Water, red strawberries and red watermelon.


I packed a special cookie treat for Stace in his lunch today, too! My mom gave me a pan to make heart-shaped cookie pops, and I was excited to try it out! I may have eaten one of the six cookies the pan made at 2:00 this morning. (They didn't all fit on my platter! What was I supposed to do?!) It felt so wrong, but tasted so right.

After he ate, Stace opened his gift! I loved his reaction to it!

But frankly folks, that's what he is! Love him.

And I love that he put the shirt on and rocked it today.

Ever since we fell in love, I have said this phrase to him on a regular basis:

It was our first date. His family tells me he was so nervous, he almost didn't ask! Apparently, he called the first six digits of my number, and then hung up over and over again. I am so grateful he summoned the courage (even though he didn't even need any! when he asked me, I was like "duh! of course I will go with you!"), because I truly love our life together. I love him so much for everything that he is and everything he strives to be. He is an amazing husband and father, and my very best friend. I would truly be lost without him.

Now let's not forget about Miss Priss! Sweet baby girl celebrated her very first Valentine's Day today! It's special because exactly one year ago today, we drove to Tallahassee after Stace got out of class to surprise them with the news that we were expecting another baby! (I was 9 weeks along at the time.) And here she is in all her glory:)

This baby is out-of-this-world sweet. I feel sometimes like I don't deserve her because she is just so good. I am pretty much obsessed with her:)

After we sent Stace off to work, the day was spent taking pictures of Ella Grace (see above), going to the gym, potty training, and getting ready for New Beginnings this evening! Two of our girls planned the event for their Choice & Accountability Personal Progress projects, and they both did such a fantastic job! They invited the Activity Day girls to participate in the fashion show, too, and they all had so much fun! The turnout was AWESOME! I am pretty thrilled as I type this post tonight. It's been such a good day:) Here I am with my two counselors and our YW.

The sad part is that I really didn't get to see Stace at all today except for this morning. When he got home I rushed out to pick up girls and decorate the church, but he had a beautiful card and bouquet of red roses waiting for me when I got home, along with the lotion of my favorite Victoria's Secret scent and some VS lip gloss.


He works SOOOOO much lately. It seems like he never has a break, so he had to get right back to work collecting data for papers and so here I am, writing this blog post and posting pics to Facebook. It's ok:) We'll go on a date this weekend!

Anyway, Happy Valentine's Day to all! I hope it's been a great day for you!

1 comment:

Gabe and Christina said...

You look uuuuhhhhmazing!! Happy Valentines Day (a little late :) )