So my thoughts and experiences remain online, sometimes censored-- and sometimes not! ha! Lucky you? ;) Well, this morning I had a neat little experience I want to remember. So here goes another journal entry:
This morning I woke up in the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando, where my kids and I had spent the night with my mom. Mom had been whisked away by the airport shuttle at 5:30 AM, so the remaining three of us crawled out of bed at about 8:45. Ella Grace was ready for her morning exercises right after she was done eating, so she began her meandering through the hotel room in her famous and fast bottoms-up crawl. Immediately after Julian went potty, and just as I had finished rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I felt strongly the need to say our morning prayer right then. We never say our morning prayer until we're all dressed and ready to leave for the day. I thought it strange to say it right after waking up, but I went along with the feeling I'd had, and told Julian it was time to say our prayer. Obediently he came over and knelt beside me. (This is not always how it goes...sometimes it takes a bit of coercing!)
As I knelt beside him and as he began the prayer, I noticed a cold feeling right beneath my shin on the ground. I thought the ground was wet, but to be sure I reached my hand down and touched the cold spot. It was not a wet spot; it was a penny. Immediately I understood why I'd felt the need to say a prayer right then. Ella Grace puts everything, and I mean everything in her mouth. And if we hadn't knelt down right then, I'm sure Ella Grace would have found that penny before my shin did, perhaps while I was in the bathroom getting ready.
I'm grateful for the Gift of the Holy Ghost. (Click on "Additional Information.) At the very least, this special Gift saved us from a potentially scary and isolated situation this morning.
I'm grateful for promptings that come from a loving Father in Heaven who watches over us each day, and Who also sends His angels to be our advocates for safety and happiness throughout the day.
I'm just grateful.

2 comments:
Kim, you're such a sweet person. I am so...i don't know what the word is, proud? impressed? eh.. whatever, i just love that you are in tune with the spirit so that you can guide your little family down the right path. It's no easy task either, so I'm always inspired and motivated by the little things to keep me going - and so do you. You da best.
I LOVE this post. I love getting "signs" from Heaven. Several years ago, Troy and I were planning a trip to Vegas and he really wanted to take a helicopter flight into the Grand Canyon. It was all I could do just to get on a commercial airplae to fly out there...I wasn't going on a helicopter! But, at the same time I didnt want to miss out on such an incredible opportunity. So, I prayed and I prayed to feel less anxious about it or for some definite yes or no feeling on whether or not to do the helicopter ride. So I was sitting in traffic a few weeks before the trip and a car pulled out in front of me and the tag on the fron of his car said, "God is my pilot". That was my sign!! All my worries went away and I felt so awesome receiving that special little message :)
Post a Comment