I have over 750 photos from the last few days. It is now my task to try and choose a small sample to represent all the goodness that has occurred recently. It's a big job, but somebody's gotta do it! Here goes my best shot..
This was last Wednesday. My sister and brother-in-law spent the night with us and gave Julian his birthday present! Marissa is obsessed with penguins, and usually gives her nieces and nephews something to remember her by with penguin paraphernalia. Julian got this sweet Lands End bath towel!
Ella Grace likes to be in on it all!
We all got sick after Thanksgiving...one by one, we were dropping like flies. We thought Daddy had made it out of the clear, but alas on Wednesday he got bit, too. :( Here is Dr. Julian taking care of his Daddy.
*note: Julian really didn't/ couldn't open this bottle. He was just playing pretend Dr. with two parents supervising closely!*
Thankfully, Daddy was better by Thursday. Friday we packed up & headed down to Orlando to celebrate Julian's birthday!
Thankfully, Daddy was better by Thursday. Friday we packed up & headed down to Orlando to celebrate Julian's birthday!
Friday night we went to Downtown Disney to take in the sights and sounds!
oh, and the tastes! Julian saw a little girl with a lollipop, and we were done for! Well, it was his birthday...
Folks, we made a HUGE breakthrough this night...Julian throws his biggest tantrums over broken things (crackers, granola bars, etc). I think his biggest fit I've ever seen was over a broken cookie. We try and tell him "it's still gonna be yummy!" but he just never wants to hear any of that. Well, while we were checking out the lollipop he clanked it around a bit, and I warned him it was going to break. Sure enough, when I went to open it for him, I noticed it was cracked. I tried to prepare him as I opened it. As I showed him the cracks, I said "Julian, do you see how it's broken? It's going to be broken. Are you okay with that?" I got rushed mm-hmm's and nods, and wasn't sure if he was really understanding. I told him again before I finished opening it, "Julian, you see right here that it's broken?" He nodded and assured me "but it's still gonna be yummy, Mama."
EPIC SUCCESS!
That statement cannot be overstated.
I had to document the broken, yet still yummy, lollipop...
and this broken treat was great because Julian had that one piece
that night, and a smaller piece the next night, and then was done!
I tried to convince him to get this awesome cookie instead, but he could not be swayed...
Ella Grace totally LOVED Downtown Disney!
Annnnd....last week she started making the big wide-mouthed excited face I always make! Ha! I'm so proud.
Oh, just so much fun:)
I picked the general area of Orlando we wanted to be in, a minimum approval rating, and named the price of $40 using Priceline, gave our payment information, and hoped for the best! We got a deal at a "Holiday Inn Resort". It was right next to Downtown Disney, very clean, big, and nice for $40! Here we are winding down that night!
Getting all that sugar off the teefies!
And we were off to Dream Land to prepare for Saturday!












No comments:
Post a Comment