We got to go to our ultrasound appointment a week early-- we were scheduled for July 21, but I called on Monday to see if there'd been any cancellations and there had! So we went in yesterday at 2:30 and found out (for sure) we are having a sweet little boy!
We are soooo crazy-excited! It was so fun to tell our families! I called my dad while he was on his way to Alaska and he seems to be coming around to the idea that his baby is having a baby ;) and was very excited. My mom was at work so I had to wait what seemed like forever to tell her. (Three hours!) I called all my siblings and they were all so excited too! Stace's family jumped in the car when we told them we had, in fact, found out and the gender so that we could surprise them in person. It was so fun to have them here to celebrate with us! I rushed home after getting off work at 5:00 after going to Publix to get a cake mix and frosting and baked a cake that I dyed blue. That way, they'd have to cut open the cake to find out whether it was a boy or a girl! We took videos and lots of pictures, but I don't have time to post now because I have to leave for work. More to come!
Love love love!
14 comments:
yaaaaaay congrats! you knew it all along! that cake idea is very cute!!!! that's soo exciting and crazy! you're having a baby! ahh!
Congrats! I can't wait to meet him!
Yeah!! A Baby Boy! I am so excited for you two!!
Yay! Kiley loves younger men (:
So happy! Baby boy!!
Yay! That is SO wonderful! There's something to be said about having a boy first, {although I guess there's probably something to be said about girls first, I just wouldn't know :o)} Anyway congratulations! You guys are gonna rock being parents!
Boy, oh boy! Boys always love their mamas!
Congratulations!
Congratualtions...we are so happy for you and Elaine and Stacy. What a fun idea with the cake! We are so happy for you.
Can't beat those motherly instincts. Congratulations!!!!!
YES! Boys are the best for sure. We can't wait to meet him! Congratulations- this is so exciting!
congratulations! i am so excited for you guys to be having a boy! My boys have been so much fun and are just so sweet, he'll always be your little boy, just ask Elaine. I'm just worried that your boy will be cuter than mine... ;) I'll just have to have another girl who is younger for him to date... or he can date amelia, an older woman.
leah longfellow Nettles
That is so exciting. Having a boy first is the best. Tony's big brother always said, "Everyone needs a big brother!" I'm so happy for you both!
Hey Kim it's Ashley Gooch we met at brittany's shower,just wanted to say congrats to you and your hubby! Baby boys are so much fun!
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! A BOY! I think having a boy 1st ROCKS! ;-) Not that it was like a multiple choice quiz or anything! :-) He's going to be so blessed to have you two for parents! But seriously, Kim, you might want to go back to calling him "Mango"... I don't think he's going to like knowing he was called "Peach", that would be like naming him "Sue"! :-) I love you! I'm very happy for you! Love ya!
-- Tonya
[tonyadriggers.blogspot.com]
Post a Comment