After dabbing the tears away, we went to a maternity store and I bought my first ever maternity clothes! whew hoo! I got a pair of jeans and a few cute tops.
Can I just say that when I'm not pregnant, finding a pair of jeans that I think look good on me is like drinking orange juice right after you've brushed your teeth: a horrible and near impossible experience. Our Father created me with short little legs and quite a big booty...and apparently every single jeans-maker in the world does not realize there are women out there whose legs do not go on for days and whose b'hinds are...well...not small. (*My only redemption from not hating it is that Stace's favorite physical-feature-thing about me is my derriere...seriously...there was a girl in school who used to make fun of me for this thang!*)
HOWEVER, the first pair of jeans I tried on in the maternity store I just happened to LOVE! Why can't I find a pair of jeans that fit me this good when I'm not prego?! The length is perfect (NEVER HAPPENS), the pocket size is perfect, the material, everything!
So, what I'm tryin to say here is: don't be surprised if you see me sportin my maternity jeans when I'm back to my normal Kim size...which hopefully won't take too long! Doc says I'm on the lower end of the pregnancy weight gain spectrum...whew hoo! Now if I can continue that for just three and a half more months!

One of the tops!
2 comments:
Maternity are more comfy and does my your booty look dang good. Why is that, I wonder...
I wore my maternity jeans post pregnancy up until Tice needed them. I think Andrew was three months old? There was one time right before when I put my arms up enough to see the cloth belly, and Clee's speech therapist said: you're pregnant again?? Already?? I think that was my cue to retire the maternity jeans.
Gotta love the pregnancy hormones. Wait until you're bawling over a heart to heart talk from Danny and Michelle Tanner. That was my low point.
kim you are so freaking cute/funny! ha
there is something exciting about shopping for maternity clothes (i've only gone shopping with sisters though and not for myself)
and you do have one fine booty
Post a Comment