Most of you probably know that Stace has been begging me/ bugging me/ dying for a flat screen HDTV for what feels like forever.
And my answer has always been one of the following:
"Absolutely not."
"Keep dreaming."
"No way."
"Hahahahaha!"
Well, Mr. Stace decided to take things into his own hands a few weeks ago. He began selling text books on Ebay that he never happened to get rid of, and he also sold a Blackberry Pearl on Ebay that he got on Craigs List last week. Furthermore, he proctored an 8-hour exam last weekend and earned $300 doing it.
IE: he raised all the money himself (in just a few weeks)!
Because he did that, who was I to tell him "no"?
So today he did the Black Friday dance and purchased his dream TV. I seriously cannot believe he actually got it! It feels like the end of an era.
He and his brother waited in line at Best Buy for more than an hour and a half (no, we didn't wake up early for shopping; we went out at about 12 PM)-- I went to nearby Michael's and got a $45 paper cutter for $10 (holla!), Ross and Pier 1 Imports-- for this one particular TV Stace has had his eye on. Finally, Stace and Berkeley were next in line and a Best Buy employee told them the TV they had been waiting to purchase had just sold out. Bummer! I felt really bad for him...he was so close...and now suddenly and all over again, so far away...
Worrying ceased quickly when the Best Buy guy told us they'd be able to ship one from the warehouse! So Stace's little baby will be here on December 1st... I think purchasing this TV was Stace's form of "nesting."
We're still unsure as to when Stace and Kim's little baby will arrive! (But there's only 9 more days til the due date!)

So, here it is. Samsung 50" Plasma HDTV. It's 3 inches wide. Now...it's just a matter of finding a place to put it in our little apartment! ha!
5 comments:
Jacob is envious.
It's definitely a "guy thing". That being said, I offer my congratulations to him on this accomplishment. I have to admit that it does make tv and movie watching so much more enjoyable.
Hope the tv arrives before Julian does!
BTW, love your blogspot!!
You wanted to compete with our 50" huh? Hahahaha. I bet he is soooo excited!!!! What a perfect way to nest for a new dad! :) I like to "raise" money for my wish list items too! :)
Fiel is drooling... Lucky... :)
The next time I see you, you will be a mama with a bebe at her hip!!!
OMG!!! We have the same tv. Andy LOVES it. We had our delivered on Stevie's birthday. Andy likes to joke that for Stevie's 1st birthday, he got a 50" Plasma tv.
Stace is going to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this tv!!
Post a Comment