Sunday, November 15, 2009

High Time for a Post

Today I have officially reached "full-term" status in my pregnancy! I am so excited our sweet little guy is almost here! I thought I may as well do some catching up for now. So...let's see...I was blessed with some beautiful baby showers in Tallahassee and in Gainesville. They were all so fun and so unique, and I was so touched by the amount of love that went into each one. It was so nice to spend time with so many people I love (and miss in Tallahassee)! They sure know how to make a girl (and a baby!) feel loved, and I don't know where to begin in reciprocating all they did for me, except by just loving them back, which I do!

Peter Rabbit themed shower!

my first glimpse of the crib skirt my mom sewed!

Meet: muh gurl :| so blessed I get to have her as my sister-in-law!

My mom and my two fabulous sisters!


One of the most wonderful people I've ever known:)

LOVE these blocks!
couldn't live without 'em!
my wonderful mother-in-law!
Gainesville hostesses with the mostesses!

Can't even tell you how much I love this girl, "my cuz" :)

I finished my full-time babysitting job on Thursday, November 5. I loved watching little Kaden and I am so glad that schedules worked out for his mommy and I so well that I was able to do that right up until she needed me, which was a month before my due date. His mom was awesome (shout out to Lisa if you read this!;) and so flexible with me if I ever needed to leave early for say, a doctor's appt or to go out of town. In fact, she even worked with me so that I got to go to the temple on what was supposed to be my last day (Friday, Nov. 6) one last time as an expectant mother/ lady without any children in the span of my existence. I'm so grateful I got to go to the temple that day, and for the spiritual replenishment that filled me. I was yearning for it, especially right before I become a mother. It was wonderful.

On Saturday, November 7, my mom came down to Gainesville for the shower and also to finish sewing the crib bumper! She did a BEAUTIFUL job and I am pretty much in love with the bedding she sewed- go mama! She even had me contribute! I sewed on the crib ties and removed the basting stitching, which, to you seamstresses out there, seems like no big deal, but when my mom told me I'd have to hand-sew the ties on, I freaked out a bit inside because I have absolutely no idea how to sew ANYTHING.

So it made me feel accomplished when I finished! (Even though I know I really didn't do much of anything...haha!)

So last week was my first full week at home. I spent time painting the six letters of baby's name on six different canvases-- and I think I can say that I'm happy with how they turned out!

I spent a lot of time nesting, in general, with Stace. (yay!) On Thursday I went to Micanopy with my friend Starleigh, a budding professional photographer, to help her build her portfolio! She wanted to add maternity shots to her repertoire, and belly and I were happy to help! We had a great time! But I gotta tell ya Starleigh (if you read this), it's a good thing we went when we did because I have been SO SWOLLEN the last couple days especially...it is quite uncomfortable, and DEFINITELY not cute! No need for the size of these feet and hands to be documented!

And since this is, in fact, the "Kim and STACE" place, I will fill ya in a bit on the hubbster's life! Well, he keeps extremely busy with his PhD program, and he is loving it. University of Florida only accepted five people into the Finance PhD program, so his class-sizes are intimate and he gets to know his fellow PhD-er's pretty well. He really likes all of them and that's a GREAT thing because they spend A LOT of time together. On Thursday, they took a NINE AND A HALF HOUR LONG EXAM! Guh-ross, if you ask me. Get this, there were only three (count em, 1, 2, 3) questions. And Stace said he wrote out a total of FORTY (count em, 1, 2, 3,...40) pages to answer the three questions! Crazy, huh!? But he is loving his program, and he's doing well! In other news, he talks a lot about big, flat screen TV's...haha...he keeps me laughing:)

I am looking forward to getting even more done this week in the baby's nursery! I was a finger-tip dilated last Monday, and I go in again tomorrow-- we'll see if it has changed since then. My official due date is in three weeks, December 6. I know he may not be here for for as long as five weeks from now, but I hope he comes soon-- that means I'll have him that much longer! :)

4 comments:

Machelle said...

I love the Peter Rabbit Theme!! Cutest I think I have ever seen! Sorry I could not make it to the one here, I was working! (BOO!) and I also love your bedding and how you painted his name! So cute! I can not believe he is almost here!!

David and Kaitlyn said...

The countdown continues! I'm so excited!

Brittany said...

What an incredibly sweet and talented mama little Julian is going to have!

Eric and Hayley said...

So fun. When I was looking at your pics with you in the black shirt with whitish polka dots I realized "Hey, I have that shirt too!" It is one of the two maternity shirts I have bought so far. I must have great taste if I have the same shirt Kim has ;) Excited for the lil' guy to come!!!!!