It all started out with the very end of February, when we went down to ORLANDO on vacation with my big sister Marissa & ger husband Tom, oldest brother Aaron & his wife Elizabeth, and their two boys. They were going to go to Orlando for funsies on the same exact weekend we were going to see Wicked, so we decided to make a mini family trip out of it! It was super fun!


L to R: Levi, Julian and Benjamin hanging out together, eatin some grub. Aunt Sasa playing with one of her nephews (one of the things she does best!), Stace and I about to go see Wicked (you can see from this picture that my baby bump this time around has not at all been shy!), and my brother Aaron and I with our firstborns at Seaworld!
PS: WICKED WAS AMAZING. "Defying Gravity." Tears. Enough said.
Then the next weekend we announced to the world that Julian is going to be a BIG BROTHER! It was so fun! We announced it right before hitting the road to NASHVILLE:
We went to visit my BFF Kathleen. She has been my BFF since high school and it's always so fun to get together. We never stop laughing and making fun of each other, and then also being very sweet to each other at the same time. Oh, how I love her! She is the BEST Aunt Kathleen EVER! We went to the Nashville Zoo, walked around the Opryland Hotel-- which was very cool because that is where Nationals took place for my pageant back in high school, and ate WAY too much at the famous Loveless Cafe, amongst other places!
We went to a yuppy (yet YUMMY!) burger place called Burger Up, and sat next to none other than Nick Jonas of the Jonas Brothers! Of course, Julian tried to charm him as he does everyone by waving and smiling at him. Then Nick looked at me and smiled. I wanted to tell him either A.) I didn't tell my baby to do that, or B.) not to feel too special because he does that to everyone;) Also, while there and before Nick sat down, we were sitting next to people who looked (and sounded...eavesdropping? us? never!) very impohtant in the music industry. A guy came up and started talking with them and it looked like they were friends and they were just talking about their crazy schedules between LA and Nashville and MGM or something. The guy looks at Julian and just starts gushing (and mama starts blushing...;) and Stace & Kathleen said he went to hand us his business card, but then realized he didn't have one. So Stace figured he was some sort of talent agent. I don't know where I was for that, but I did not hear that--I guess I was distracted by Julian trying to make sure he didn't throw anymore crayons at the yuppies! But maybe if mama had acted interested-- which I really don't think I would have been-- he would have written his info down for us on a napkin or something. But I didn't respond at all to his gesture (because I didn't hear it!), so he musta just thought "nevermind!" fun story, nonetheless!
The next weekend we stayed home in Gainesville, but the following one (last weekend), Julian and I went up to ATLANTA with my sister-in-law Beth and my three nieces to see my little sister Jessica and pay a visit to Beth's good friend Annette. We had THE BEST TIME. Beth and I musta known each other in a past life. She is one of my closest friends, as well as my sister-in-law. I am very lucky! It was fun to get to spend so much time with her and my baby girls and my sister. I love them all so much! The highlights of the trip were definitely Jessica's cooking, the Children's Museum, the Aquarium, watching my nieces play pretend and dote on Julian, and laughing and talking with Beth & Annette into the wee hours of the morning!
Can I just say that we loved being in Atlanta (and Nashville), two places where smocking is truly appreciated?! It is appreciated in Tallahassee too, but I don't think people get it here in Gainesville because most people I know here are actually from out west and smocking is such a Southern thing. :) Julian loved having a ball with him AT. ALL. TIMES., wearing the "hatttt" at the museum, and passing out in Aunt Jessica's arms. All in all, this month has been cuh, cuh, cuh, cuh-razy...or, madness! But sooo, so fun!
Whew!





No comments:
Post a Comment