Tuesday, March 1, 2011

To All the People Who Say He Looks Nothing Like Me:


BAM!
That just happened. :D

Don't get me wrong, I know he looks like Stace and that is A-OK with me! :) Having two handsome boys around will always be fine in my book! :) But it would admittedly bug me a little bit when people would say "nope, he looks JUST like Stace"...sometimes it almost sounded as though people were saying that there's no possible way he was even mine!

I think as he's grown he's evolved more and more into developing my features. Yet there are definitely still moments throughout each day where I look at him and say "oh my goodness you look just like my dad right now!" or "oh my goodness you look just like your daddy right now!" I have noticed, and other people in my family have too, that he is the most changing-est baby ever! For a while, it was like he looked like a different baby from hour to hour. I used to feel guilty when he was a newborn because I couldn't even picture my own baby if I wasn't looking right at him, because he just changed that much all the time. But lately, more and more, people have been saying he looks a lot like me, and that they see a lot of me in him...which makes me happy:) Maybe this is Heavenly Father's way of assuring me that he did, indeed, come out of my womb...which is always comforting to remember:)

3 comments:

Shells said...

this is so funny, because I've always thought he looked like you. I know how you feel though, cause everyone, even my family and coworkers say that Raelee looks like Brad. I think shes starting to look like me though lol

White Folk said...

I'm in total agreement with you on this one Kim. I even made a post about it on my blog a few months back stating almost the EXACT same thing about Danny, Parks, and I! I personally think he favors both of you quite a bit! And I also like to think of it this way, "The King," who has 2 such cute parents, never ever had a chance of being unattractive regardless of which one he happens to favor at any particular moment!! :)

Tonya Driggers said...

I know how you feel!! I WOULD get upset because I had heard for so long how my son looks "just like his daddy" until I wanted to yell that his daddy didn't carry him for 9 months!! But now as a man he really no longer resembles his dad at all - he looks very much like my grandpa did when he was a young man. Which must mean he gets his goods looks from ME!! =) Just like you and your Cutie!! =) I guess I can give their dad's some credit - they did help us get them here... =) Hee! Hee! Hee!