"Hold the phones! I'm three months old?!"
"Whoa..."
*Her eyelashes have GROWN so thick and long! Va-va-voom! I love them!

*Her hair is also getting thicker...she has more hair than brother did at this age! And look at his head-o-hair now! So excited we won't have to cut hers to keep people from thinking she's the opposite gender:)

*Ella Grace has never once fussed in the bath. She LOVES her bath!! She just sits back and enjoys! I put her in the shower with me the other day in her little infant tub and she did great!
*She continues to be super smiley! She just loves it when you look her in the eyes and talk to her. It's so sweet:)

Bright eyes:)

*I guess they say girls generally do things quicker, and this has been the case with Ella Grace and Julian. So far, she has slept through the night earlier, smiled and talked more and earlier, found her hands and feet earlier, grasped for objects earlier, and rolled over earlier.
*Other than those listed above, Julian and Ella Grace have truly been similar newborns. They both are/ were champions when it comes to sleeping, eating, loving the bath, loving books, etc. But one thing that's also different is that she spits up more than J did. He never had to be burped and never spit up. She doesn't do it all the time by any means, but definitely more than he did. Maybe that's why she's not quite as chunky he was! She doesn't keep it all down;)

doh!
*Another thing that's different is that she LOVES to be swaddled! J did not:) Daddy's so good at swaddling!

*The day after she turned two months she found her feet! She had found her hands just a few days before. I think this may be one of my most favorite memories for both of my babies. Those precious moments when they realized their feet are down there, and the deep interest that showed in their eyes was just priceless! Babies are so amazing.


*Of course another sweet memory is when they smile while sleeping! It's. not. gas. :)

*A couple days later (Nov. 21st), she reached to grasp the big letters on my T-Ball t-shirt that I still rock from time-to-time. Her doing this reminded me that Julian also had a deep interest in this t-shirt with its big ol' letters.
*She sat in the bumbo for the first time this month!

*She is so good at going with the flow and being toted along everywhere. I feel bad that she has to be, but I guess that's what happens as you have more and more kiddos: I can't keep Julian cooped up all day. We went out one chilly night and she wore my little bunting I had when I was a baby! She was so precious:)

*On the 21st she had an appointment with the pediatric orthopedic surgeon who said her hips are fine and dandy! YAY! But because the radiologist seemed so sure there was a problem, we got a second opinion at Shands last week. The orthopedist here agreed, but to be sure they both ordered another ultrasound. So that's tomorrow (Dec. 20) and her follow-up appt with the surgeon is just a couple hours later:) So grateful it looks like this was all just a big false alarm! :)
*Ella Grace had her first Thanksgiving on November 24th & first Sirmans Thanksgiving Reunion on the 26th (see earlier post).
*On November 25th we met a baby in Pottery Barn Kids Orlando who was born the day after her, and her name was also "Ella Grace!" So neat!
*She continues to be passionate about what she's talking about! She says what she means and means what she says! Haha! It's so fun to hear her "talk":)

*She also loves to talk to the baby in the mirror!


*She had her longest roadtrip to date in her third month: Atlanta! We stayed with my sister, her Aunt Jessica. Jessica loved getting to spend so much time with them, and I know they loved spending so much time with her too:)


*We rang in December by going to see Santa at Phipps Plaza in Atlanta. I was a little annoyed when we got there. We were supposed to make an appointment?! I have never heard of that. The set up of Santa was gorgeous, which is why I wanted to go there, but that mall is snooty and presumptuous if you ask me, and then the whole you-have-to-make-an- appointment-to-sit-on-Santa's-lap-- how-could-you-not-know-that- thing just drove my feelings home on that point a little more. Thankfully they squeezed us in. But then the picture they took was not good. So. We didn't purchase. oops! Stace got some, but I didn't love any of them either because I ruined them! (J wouldn't let go of me so I had to be in picture...). But this is all neither here nor there because this post is about Ella Grace! And she was perfectly content on St. Nick's lap! :)


*The next day we celebrated Julian's birthday! She was so sweet and sat in her stroller so patiently and quietly as Julian ran from one activity to the next!

*On December 3rd Aunt Jessica and I were shopping and one store we went into had Santa in it, so she sat on his lap again!

*On December 7th she took a nap in her crib for the first time!

*This next picture doesn't mark any important milestone or moment; I just really love it:)

*On December 10th we had big brother's birthday party! Here she is with my mom & Stace's dad:

*That night we had our ward Christmas party, where she sat on Santa's lap for the third time!

*Her hair is also getting thicker...she has more hair than brother did at this age! And look at his head-o-hair now! So excited we won't have to cut hers to keep people from thinking she's the opposite gender:)

*Ella Grace has never once fussed in the bath. She LOVES her bath!! She just sits back and enjoys! I put her in the shower with me the other day in her little infant tub and she did great!
*She continues to be super smiley! She just loves it when you look her in the eyes and talk to her. It's so sweet:)
Bright eyes:)
*I guess they say girls generally do things quicker, and this has been the case with Ella Grace and Julian. So far, she has slept through the night earlier, smiled and talked more and earlier, found her hands and feet earlier, grasped for objects earlier, and rolled over earlier.
*Other than those listed above, Julian and Ella Grace have truly been similar newborns. They both are/ were champions when it comes to sleeping, eating, loving the bath, loving books, etc. But one thing that's also different is that she spits up more than J did. He never had to be burped and never spit up. She doesn't do it all the time by any means, but definitely more than he did. Maybe that's why she's not quite as chunky he was! She doesn't keep it all down;)

doh!
*Another thing that's different is that she LOVES to be swaddled! J did not:) Daddy's so good at swaddling!

*The day after she turned two months she found her feet! She had found her hands just a few days before. I think this may be one of my most favorite memories for both of my babies. Those precious moments when they realized their feet are down there, and the deep interest that showed in their eyes was just priceless! Babies are so amazing.

*Of course another sweet memory is when they smile while sleeping! It's. not. gas. :)

*A couple days later (Nov. 21st), she reached to grasp the big letters on my T-Ball t-shirt that I still rock from time-to-time. Her doing this reminded me that Julian also had a deep interest in this t-shirt with its big ol' letters.
*She sat in the bumbo for the first time this month!

*She is so good at going with the flow and being toted along everywhere. I feel bad that she has to be, but I guess that's what happens as you have more and more kiddos: I can't keep Julian cooped up all day. We went out one chilly night and she wore my little bunting I had when I was a baby! She was so precious:)

*On the 21st she had an appointment with the pediatric orthopedic surgeon who said her hips are fine and dandy! YAY! But because the radiologist seemed so sure there was a problem, we got a second opinion at Shands last week. The orthopedist here agreed, but to be sure they both ordered another ultrasound. So that's tomorrow (Dec. 20) and her follow-up appt with the surgeon is just a couple hours later:) So grateful it looks like this was all just a big false alarm! :)
*Ella Grace had her first Thanksgiving on November 24th & first Sirmans Thanksgiving Reunion on the 26th (see earlier post).
*On November 25th we met a baby in Pottery Barn Kids Orlando who was born the day after her, and her name was also "Ella Grace!" So neat!
*She continues to be passionate about what she's talking about! She says what she means and means what she says! Haha! It's so fun to hear her "talk":)

*She also loves to talk to the baby in the mirror!
*She had her longest roadtrip to date in her third month: Atlanta! We stayed with my sister, her Aunt Jessica. Jessica loved getting to spend so much time with them, and I know they loved spending so much time with her too:)


*We rang in December by going to see Santa at Phipps Plaza in Atlanta. I was a little annoyed when we got there. We were supposed to make an appointment?! I have never heard of that. The set up of Santa was gorgeous, which is why I wanted to go there, but that mall is snooty and presumptuous if you ask me, and then the whole you-have-to-make-an- appointment-to-sit-on-Santa's-lap-- how-could-you-not-know-that- thing just drove my feelings home on that point a little more. Thankfully they squeezed us in. But then the picture they took was not good. So. We didn't purchase. oops! Stace got some, but I didn't love any of them either because I ruined them! (J wouldn't let go of me so I had to be in picture...). But this is all neither here nor there because this post is about Ella Grace! And she was perfectly content on St. Nick's lap! :)

*The next day we celebrated Julian's birthday! She was so sweet and sat in her stroller so patiently and quietly as Julian ran from one activity to the next!
*On December 3rd Aunt Jessica and I were shopping and one store we went into had Santa in it, so she sat on his lap again!

*On December 7th she took a nap in her crib for the first time!
*This next picture doesn't mark any important milestone or moment; I just really love it:)

*On December 10th we had big brother's birthday party! Here she is with my mom & Stace's dad:

*That night we had our ward Christmas party, where she sat on Santa's lap for the third time!
Winding down after the party. Big Brother loves to make her smile (see bottom two pics;) and is so, so sweet to her!
*The weekend before her 3rd month birthday, I finally succumbed to the fact that it was time to put away her 0-3 months clothes and for her to move up in the world to 3-6 months. :(

*She's always had this little Alfafa sprout on the top of her head, but as her hair grows longer and thicker, it's become more and more apparent. There's no keeping it down! :)

*December 17th: you rolled over for the first time! From your tummy to back! Go baby girl!
*On the last day of her third month, she celebrated Christmas for the first time with her Grandpa Bill and all of her aunts, uncles and cousins on the Sundstrom side. It was so fun! There she sat on Santa's lap for the fourth time this month! Santa likes to be where she's at. ;)

(note: my dad decided not to dress up as Santa, and hired someone to do it instead! So...this isn't my dad.)
*She's always had this little Alfafa sprout on the top of her head, but as her hair grows longer and thicker, it's become more and more apparent. There's no keeping it down! :)

*December 17th: you rolled over for the first time! From your tummy to back! Go baby girl!
*On the last day of her third month, she celebrated Christmas for the first time with her Grandpa Bill and all of her aunts, uncles and cousins on the Sundstrom side. It was so fun! There she sat on Santa's lap for the fourth time this month! Santa likes to be where she's at. ;)
(note: my dad decided not to dress up as Santa, and hired someone to do it instead! So...this isn't my dad.)
*She ended her third month by spending the night at Grandmama & Pop Pop's house and spending some time with them! She loved it, and I'm sure will be so happy to go back & have so much attention in a few days!


I love her dainty little hands:)
*And, just for fun:
*If you had Santa Clause on your feet...

Wouldn't you try extra hard to get them too?! This, my friends, is the face of determination:


I love her dainty little hands:)
*And, just for fun:
*If you had Santa Clause on your feet...

Wouldn't you try extra hard to get them too?! This, my friends, is the face of determination:


1 comment:
Daphne's hair still does the alfalfa thing
Post a Comment