He is so sweet, so hilarious, so opinionated, and...yes, pretty bossy! (We're working on that last one!) He tests me and tries me all the time. (We're also working on that!) Like all babies, he does best with lots of positive reinforcement, and when I catch him doing something he sweet, he beams when I tell him so. I'm trying to be the best mommy I can be, and I know I have so much room to improve. I wanted to jot down a few things he's been up to lately that just illustrate much better than I can say why it is so fun to have him in my life.
*He is such a snuggle-ey little boy. Last week he climbed into bed with Daddy, put his arms around him and said "I love you Daddy." When we were in St. Pete, the same thing happened to me. He tucked one arm under my neck and wrapped the other one around the other side, kissed my forehead and cheek and said "I love you Mommy" several times while smiling with this little closed-mouth smile...just looking so pleased and content with life...like there was no where else he'd rather be in the whole wide world. The feeling was mutual. He does this to Ella Grace quite a lot too, he'll go up to her, kiss her sweetly and hug her and say "I love you Ella'Bwace"...it is SO sweet! She loves it. We all do:) Here he is just a'snugglin' with Dada when we met him for lunch one day:

*He is so sweet to Ella Grace in general. He just loves being her big brother. Tonight when we got home from church, I got her out of the car & put her carseat in the garage while I went around to get Julian. When both J and I were blocked from her view by the car, she got upset and I told Julian we needed to hurry (he wants to get in and out of the car all by himself...this can be a very slow process!) because Ella Grace was scared. He said "oh, otay!" and then, like a superhero, he jumped out of the car, & ran around it and called to her with so much compassion & kindness in his little bitty voice "it's ok, Ella Grace! Don't be scared! I'm here!"
*Today we went over to TJ's house to play for a bit. Sadly, as many toddlers do to their playmates, Julian takes toys out of TJ's hands (also something we're working on...I should record too that he can also be very good at sharing, and will usually give it back when I explain to him how that's not nice and we need to share and be a nice friend, etc.) Well, today Julian took a toy from TJ and that upset little TJ. Julian then lifted TJ's eyelid and said "don't be cross, TJ. Don't be cross!" HA! Good ol' Thomas.
![]() |
| We are twins. The mystery of where he got his Chinese eyes...a question we've been wondering since his birth, has been solved. |
![]() |
| Adorable little heart breaker! |
![]() |
| He loves to do everything by himself. Including push the stroller, which he's supposed to be riding in:) Here he is pushing it with his cousin, Benjamin. |
![]() ![]() |
| I saw this shirt in Crewcuts and knew it would look so handsome on him with his eye color and coloring in general. I was right:) |
![]() |
| The tongue of intense concentration lives on. This is a trait he inherited from his Grandpa Bill, and he's always done it! It's so neat the little things that get passed down through generations. |
| He LOVES to do airplane with Daddy or with Aunt Candace! |
![]() |
| Julian is not a huge fan of getting dirty, but he likes to test the waters... |
![]() |
| One of my favorite pictures of all time. |
![]() |
| A couple cute luchadors. |

![]() |
| He loved playing with Dada, Uncle Tom and Aunt Sasa in Destin last month! |
*When he hears a jam, he automatically starts playing his air guitar. Music is in this boy's blood!
*He has a book called "Tell Time with Thomas" and the boy knows how to make it "such and such o'clock" and knows what time it is when you ask him based on the clock.
*Lately he's been asking "what's your number?" meaning, "how old are you?" He also usually replies "I'm 2" when someone asks him "how are you?"
*My presidency came over last week for a meeting. He LOVES greeting people at our front door. He opened the door and would say, on his own, "Welcome, welcome! Come in, come in!"
*It might be my favorite thing ever when he tells me something is his favorite. Today after we all woke up from a nap, Julian announced "it's time to watch a show!" I said "oh yeah? What should would you want to watch?" and he said "I just want to watch Lighting McQueen, Mom. It's my fwav-whit." AHHH! I die. of cuteness overload.
*Last week he climbed in the drivers seat of the car while we were loading up the car. Stace told him we needed him to get into his carseat, to which he replied matter-of-factly, "Dada, you never let me drive!"

*This boy loves the pictures and story of the Vision of the Tree of Life in the Book of Mormon. I absolutely love it, too. He also loves the pictures & story of the storm Nephi & his family experienced while at sea. No matter where we are reading in the Book of Mormon, we always have to read at least one of those stories first.
*Tonight we picked up where we left off in our reading of the scriptures. Last night Daddy just picked a random spot in the picture Book of Mormon that we use, and the night before we were at Grandmommy's & I'd forgotten to bring it with me. We'd last read about the naughty Sherem & the righteous younger brother of Nephi, Jacob. When we turned to where we'd left off, Julian said "where's the bad guy?" He often asks questions that he knows the answers to, so I usually ask him his questions right back. So I said "where do you think he is?" He then pointed to Sherem. Then he said "where's the good guy?" and I pointed to him and said "do you remember his name?" Julian nodded his head yes and I said "you do! that's great! What is it?" and he smiled and whispered "Jacob!" I was truly amazed! We'd only read about Jacob once before, and it was a few days ago.I told him how proud of him I was, and I know he could see it in my eyes too. I could see in his eyes how good that made him feel about himself. Such a sweet moment.
*He never bites, literally...never. Except for when he's really excited and it seems he has no other way to express it than by biting one's toes (Candace, Pop Pop...)...so...we'll have to watch our feet really good when we tell him we're taking him to Disney World for his 3rd birthday! ;)
*Last time we were at the doctor, he fell off of a stool & hurt his knee as we were waiting for the doctor to come into our room. A little while after she arrived, Julian began climbing the stool again, & so I asked him "Julian, do you remember how last time you climbed up there you fell down and hurt yourself?" "Yes" he replied. So I said "So do you think it is a good decision or a bad decision to climb up there again?" He responded immediately "a bad decision" and made a motion of starting to get down, but then you saw his brain working and how much he didn't want to get down (this all happened in an instant) and he recanted and said "no, it's a good decision!" The doctor remarked at how very smart of him that was to think through that and then decide to change his mind...she said that because he is so smart, it's probably quite a bit more difficult for me as his mom than if he wasn't such a smartypants. Yes! Some professional validation. I need it, I tell ya. Julian has been pulling this type of shenanigans for months & months!
*Today I was at the party store with one of my Young Women. We passed the ginormous displays of candy strategically placed near the checkout, and Julian pointed to the jawbreakers and said "Mommy, I want that!" To which I lovingly replied "Julian, that's called a choking hazard."
Julian then said: "MOMMY! I WANT A CHOKING HAZARD! I WANT A CHOKING HAZARD!"













1 comment:
he is so smart and such a sweetie! you are one great mama kim!
these pictures are adorable as usual! and i looooove that anchor shirt!
Post a Comment