Thursday, May 31, 2012

Today My Heart is Full


This morning I laid in bed with my youngest baby and my sweet husband.  I nursed her while conscious, yet not fully awake. My husband cheerfully, yet groggily said, "Happy day-after-your-birthday!" Then he said "You have two people right here who love everything about you..."

My eyes opened with delight at his sweet comment. He continued...

"...physically."

We both laughed and I said in my best Adam Sandlar voice "You blew it!" (Yes, I regret to inform you that my friends and I watched Billy Madison nonstop when we were in middle school.) And no, he didn't really blow it...that is one of the kindest and most tender things he could ever say to me.

Then he said "no, Weeszh. I really do love everything about you."

Today I called one of my closest friends, Mary Ann. She picked up the phone and we chatted for a few seconds and I just blurted out as I fought back the tears "Mary Ann, my heart is so full. I am so grateful for everything!" I am so grateful I have a confidant like this that I can just call and cry over being happy and know she loves me still even though I am such a dork.

I am so grateful for this beautiful life I have been given.  I am so grateful for my Savior. I am so grateful to know, without the slightest shadow if a doubt, that I have a loving Father in Heaven who is so aware of me. I am so grateful for my family...for my sweet husband and my children. For our parents and sisters and brothers and nieces and nephews. I am so grateful for my friends.

Today, my heart is so full.

1 comment:

boy, wife, and dog said...

You are such an amazing person Kim. I love that you are so openly grateful about the wonderful things in your life...because it reminds me to do the same. So thank you!