Yesterday I took the kiddos to a Science Discovery hour at the library before Julian's swimming lesson. Julian really enjoyed it. On the way there, he said "where's we goin, Ma?!" and I said "we're going to do some science activities!" with all the enthusiasm I could muster. He then responded with enthusiasm to match mine and said "ooooh!!!" and then laughed and said "that sounds fun!" When we got out of the car he said "we're going to do science activities!" to the the little girl and her mom that walked by. I love my little happy boy!
"Ma! I'm a BUG, Ma!"
Here he is looking at a beetle through a magnifying glass:
He had fun drawing on this art easel, too!
On Monday night we had a Family Home Evening lesson on Baptism. I followed this as a guide. (We had our little friend Julia over as her mom had a baby that day!) We talked about what it means to be baptized by immersion. Julian will now tell you that it means you go all the way under the water. A concept he picked up rather quickly, seeing as we reinforced the point using sugar cookie men!
Do you see that excitement on his face? Everything is so much more fun when you're a mom.
This was our conversation today on the way home from swimming lessons:
J: Ma, is it nap time, Ma?
Me: No baby, it's lunchtime and then we can play! Do you want to ride your tricycle?
J: no...
Me: Ok, how about chalk?
J: no...
Me: well, do you want to play basketball and baseball?!
J: YES!!!
And then he started listing things out (you know, drawing worrrddsss outttt...)
J: we'll play ba-det-baaaaallllllll, and basebaaaallll, and you're de bessttttttt, and eat lunnncccchhh, and have funnnnn!"
That just made me laugh so much! I'll take it! haha!
Today I finished reading NieNie's book Heaven is Here. It is so good. I have stayed up way too late the last few nights just wanting to know what happens on the next paragraph, then page, then chapter...and so on. I set out to finish it today during nap time. I was a wreck sitting in my favorite green chair with tears streaming down my cheeks. Reading her story was so inspirational and really encouraged me to find as much joy as I can in all of the very littlest things. Even folding laundry! She was burned on 80% of her body, and longed to be able to do simple tasks such as laundry. After reading that book, I will definitely hug my babies a little tighter and savor each moment a little longer. Today I was cooking dinner while Julian stood on a chair next to me, eager to help in any way he could, per ushe. Then the song "What a Wonderful World" by Israel K..ajhasdj,sndf... (Hawaiin dude) came on my Raffi Pandora station. We'd been singing along to each song as it came on. However, when the chorus to that song came on, the words would not come out. I was too choked up.
What a wonderful world, indeed.


