I hate that this year we were only able to send out a few Christmas cards. I thought I'd found a good deal on Shutterfly, so I went with it. (Note for next year: Cardstore is the way to go. Thanks for the tip, Erin!) However, as 2012 drew to a close, we found ourselves in the poorest of the poor houses we've been in so far! So even with that good deal, and figuring in the cost of stamps, we couldn't afford to order much...bummer! :( Side note: can I say how much I can't wait, at least from a financial standpoint, until we are done. with. school? Not to say that things aren't great living the PhD lifestyle. Life is good! But I am definitely ready for a bit more financial security for our family. :)
Anyhow, the photographer extraordinaire/ my mother-in-law took these photos for us! You'll see a series of the outtakes, and then the final ones we chose at the bottom!
Merry Christmas from the women of the family...
It seems I wear a white button-down shirt in every single planned family photo. When it was time to take the photos, I was scrounging for what I was going to wear. Playing it safe, I suppose! It's tough to pack all the ingredients and things you're using to cook for Thanksgiving, plus four peoples' toiletries, p.j.s, hair bows, socks, accessories, warm and cold clothes (because you just never know with Tallahassee weather), pack n' play, strollers, diapers, wipes, etc, plus the clothes you want to wear for your Christmas card photo, on top of the added stress of cooking your first turkey, and having to brine it beforehand by putting it in a paint bucket, and then surrounding it with ice and transporting it on the highway for two hours! Getting on the road and out of town for overnight trips with four people is never truly easy, but with all that added, it was just a lot! All that is to say: next year, I need a wardrobe consultant. Any takers?
Kathleen and Aunt Candace were doing all kinds of fun tricks to get the kiddos to laugh:)
In the end, this is the one we chose. Love it of J, love it of Stace, it's pretty good of EG, yet I'm not a huge fan of it of me:P
We used the one below on the back of the card. Per ushe, Mommy takes one for the Christmas card team because everyone else looks good in it;) I don't really like it of me...I look like I am about to take on Wall Street or something. ha! But look at those other three sweet faces!
Hope you had the Merriest Christmas, indeed!




3 comments:
LOVE the photos! And you look great in all of them! I love the "wall street" look although I think it represents the "take care of it all" mom you are! You should email out the "card" to people you couldn't mail it to! I would love to print it as a regular photo and add it to our stash! :)
Sarah, that is a great idea! Why didn't I think of that? And thank you for the vote of confidence on my confident seeming pose! ha!
Post a Comment