I feel bad because it may seem like I'm only posting about Ella Grace these days. But the truth is, I have SO much more documented from Julian's life when he was her age and younger than I do of her's. At this age especially (the one year mark-ish), they just grow and change so. much. every. single. day. I'm trying my best to keep up with all the new things she says and does, but doing so makes it look like I am neglecting my sweet boy! Honestly, I could fill a novel with all that I wrote on him, and I'm trying to maybe fill a short story with what I have on her:)
Anyway...Last night as we were lying in bed, Stace and I were talking about how awesome our kids are and how much we love them. Temper tantrums DEFINITELY happen with both kids, and sometimes we want to pull our hair out. Sometimes J uses a voice that we don't love, and sometimes (and lots of times, too) he does not listen, but as Stace noted last night and as we say often, he can just be so incredibly sweet. So sweet, I can't articulate it. He has a kind, soft little heart. He wants to be a good boy and a nice friend so much, and he is. Sometimes he'll ask if we want to do something (ex: "do you want to go on a bike ride?") and then afterward in a really high-pitched, smiley, persuasive voice coax "ya want to? ya want to?" Ha! It's hilarious:)
"Have you ever noticed how she pushes her hair out of her face?" "yes" I smiled. Then Stace said:
"It's so girly, and I LOVE it!" and then we both laughed at the thought of her pushing her hair to the side. :)
Stace notices how she sometimes plays with her hair, and also pointed that out to me.Before her birthday, Stace said how cute it would be if Ella Grace got a baby doll that she carried around with her all the time. And she does...well, kind of. She always either has a baby doll, a stuffed animal, or a hairbrush. She often clutches a doll close as I lift her out of her crib. This little doll was the chosen one yesterday. I tried to pry it from her for (messy) lunch time, but she would not have it. So there she stayed...
We also talked about how she is so good at saying thank you! "Tay tuu!" she says in her little high-pitched voice. Yesterday at Publix, the lady who gave her a cookie commented on how sweet it was for such a young baby to say it all on her own. And I managed to get the moment on camera!
(notice the hairbrush...)
Stace also pointed out her putting Julian's pj pants around her shoulders yesterday morning as we knelt for family prayer, like a little shawl. "Look at her" he said smiling...
She does these little things so often, and I'm glad I have my Stace to remind me to never forget them:)
PS: This 17 second video makes my life complete...
PS: This 17 second video makes my life complete...



1 comment:
awww, i love all your post about Miss Ella Grace. precious!
Post a Comment