Monday, January 7, 2013

Ella Grace's 1 Year Album & Updates

As I sit here and think in the wee hours of the night about my baby girl, my heart overflows.  Stace and I often just talk about her and just smile as we name all the things we love about her, and the funny and endearing things she does. We are so crazy in love with this little person.  Sweet child of mine.  She is too. much. love. She has so much personality. She is hilarious. She loves to laugh. Here she is playing peek-a-boo.
 
She loves to dance. She loves when I sing to her. She loves when any music at all comes on. She seems to really dig my Owl City Pandora station. :) I think she is going to be quite the girly girl. Always ready to put her bow on-- she hands it to me, then tilts her head forward as she waits for me to put it in.  She picks up an article of clothing and wraps it around her shoulders like a little shawl. She keeps her hats on.
 
 But at the same time, she wants to be in the action just as much as her brother...she keeps up with him quite well! Though I can't get a picture of those two to save my life...
 
I took the cutest one EVER tonight...but of course it was in the bathtub. And since I gotta watch our for creepers, I have to deprive the good and honest people of the world from seeing it. Bummer:(  She is emotional. Today I took a Crayon away from her because she was putting it in her mouth (she knows it's a no-no, too!), and she just tucked herself into a little ball with her head on the ground and whimpered. It was so adorably pitiful! Speaking of crayons, she has shown so much more interest already in coloring than Julian ever has.  She went through an entire Crayola coloring book in one sitting, looking at the pictures, and "coloring" here and there as she pleased:)
 
She really holds a crayon quite well! Holding one seems to come easily for her.  
She is so. smiley. 
 
She LOVES her stuffed animals!  
 
 She has about 8 animals and baby dolls in her crib. Loves 'em.
She loves animals and gets so excited when she seems any of them...she is not afraid at. all. Her favorite books these days are ones that are actually songs with illustrations, so "Five Little Ducks" and "Baby Beluga" books are tops on her list. 
 
She still loves Karen Katz peek-a-boo books, too. She loves to race her Little People bus around all the live long day! 
She still isn't walking.
I'm trying not to worry.  Here she is as we left her x-ray of her hips last week.  She got this due to the hip displaysia she was born with, but which corrected itself. The doctor ordered she receive X-rays each year until she is five, to be on the safe side.
 
We are meeting with the pediatric orthopedist in a couple weeks to go over the x-ray. However, a wonderful friend of ours who is a radiologist took a peek at the x-ray with his coworker, a world renowned pediatric radiologist, so we wouldn't have to wait that long for answers.  He said there is an abnormality, but that it's very slight and is actually very common ("probably 10% of the population has this. I probably have it" he said). He said it shouldn't have anything to do with her not walking yet. We'll find out more soon. She has her Daddy wrapped around her finger...
 
 
...but really, she's got us all wrapped around her finger. At her last doctor visit a couple weeks ago, we found out her percentiles have decreased even further from her one year checkup. She's in the 3rd percentile for weight, but I kid you not: she could eat us all under the table. Eating while holding a sponge curler. More proof of her girliness;)
 
She's fearless.
 She is seriously steady on this thing, and really can steer. It's crazy.
 
 I'm in love with her hair...
 
 And her eyes...
 
I'm telling ya, Stace and I just make some seriously strong-willed babies. This one's a firecracker like her brother!  We love her so much. We couldn't imagine our lives without her.  She is charming and smart and it's hard not to love her with your whole heart! She is somethin' else.
My free Heritage Makers points expired in their entirety a few days ago, and so I worked like mad to get this baby done!  And I finished by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin, and used every last point! For some reason this version shows some mistakes that I corrected before I ordered it. Pay no mind to those if you spot them:)

4 comments:

McKay said...

I was born born with severe hip dysplasia and a disorder of my legs. My family was told I would never walk, run or dance. I wore leg & hip braces until I was 6 years old.I walked for the first time with the help of the braces when was almost 2.I took my first dance classes at 6 years old! No one would ever know I had a problem now!:) EG will be Ok, It make take a little while, but she'll be perfect. Don't worry, Mama!

Ella Grace is such a beauty. I hope if I am ever blessed with a baby girl, that she'll be half as as cute as she is!

Kim said...

Thank you, McKay, for the sweet words of encouragement! Your story is amazing! :) Little miracle McKay:) And thank you for your sweet compliment, with you as her mama, your daughter will be incredibly beautiful!

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eloquent Obi said...

I just LOVE these Heritage Maker Books! SO glad you got to use all you points in the nick of time. So precious and perfect, just like your little ones and family. Continued Blessings! --Obi aka, 190 :)