Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Fits Perfectly

 Julian went to play at Grandmommy's on Monday afternoon. Ella Grace stayed because she had a doctor's appointment today.  So since I've just had this time with my youngest for a couple days, I've really been soaking her in. She is so incredible.  She just endears our hearts to pieces and makes us want to burst with the funny things she does and with her... 
effervescent personality. 

Ok, I've never used that word before, but when I was trying to think of the right adjective that could describe her, that word kept popping into my head. I wasn't even 100% positive on exactly what it meant, but it sounded like it was right. :) Then I looked it up: 

 *of a person or their behavior- vivacious and enthusiastic
synonyms: sparkling, bubbly

Yep, that's right. It fits perfectly. 
Have I mentioned how busy she is?  She is always into things, or crawling over them or through them. Always learning, almost always smiling. When she's not, she's likely just concentrating really hard (or possibly pouting...she knows drama about as well as TNT).
She's de.ter.mined.  This girl may be small, but do not underestimate her.  She gets it done.
 The phrase "fits perfectly" popped into my head today as I was rocking her to sleep.  This child has had no interest in weening.  Judge away:)  I never planned to nurse much longer than a year. With Julian, I did for 13.5 months. I kinda cut him off because I was pregnant with Ella Grace and wanted to reduce the chance of anything happening to her. I stopped one night, he fussed for a minute, and then never looked back.  Ella Grace, on the other hand, when I try to cut her off, it might work for a time, and then she always finds her way back to wanting to nurse. Tonight I did not nurse her as I rocked her to sleep. I just held her, and soaked her little baby body in and kissed her little forehead at least ten times. She was so peaceful, and so comfy.  She just fits so perfectly in my arms. I wanted to bottle up that moment and never let it pass.
 
 
 
My goal is to take more videos of the random, "unhistorical" moments in my children's lives. Here is one of them. She's not doing much, but watching this breaks my heart because I already ache to have that moment back again, and yet it was just today.

And here's a historical one for kicks, too:)
I love these children of mine so much it hurts sometimes.  I think the hurt comes from knowing that tomorrow they will be bigger than they are today.  I miss Julian like crazy.  Stace and I both do. We love that our children can go play at Grandmommy and Pop Pop's every so often for a couple days because we know how loved and taken care of they will be there. We love sharing them with our family because we know how much our family loves them and how much our children love them back.  But boy do we miss them when they are there. We sure can't wait to see our little man tomorrow!
Oh, and guess what, Boo? 
 
You fit so perfectly, too.

4 comments:

Eloquent Obi said...

I love the love you have for your family! Perfect example of a great mother and wife. Love EG's hair flying around...must be the fan you keep around for amazing wind blowing the hair pics.--Obi

Jennifer said...

It was the same with my first two in nursing. Stopped with at a year with no fuss and with Laura we reluctantly stopped at 19 mths. Different strokes...even at such young ages.

Jayson & Chelsey said...

No judgement at all. Nurse away. You go, Momma!

Eloquent Obi said...

wanted to let you know that i nominated you for the Libester blog award! congrats! http://myeloquentrambles.blogspot.com/2013/01/my-first-liebster-award-ahhh.html