Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Coming to My Senses

Don't get me wrong: I have enjoyed my pregnancy very much indeed, but now that I have a watermelon belly, I kinda miss the days when there was no fruit of any sort associated with my abdomen.

Last night I was looking at photos taken in 2009 but several months ago. I wanted to kick myself. I am happy with who I am, because I know who I am. This knowledge gives me confidence, which lies in the Lord. I am a daughter of Heavenly Father who loves me and I love Him. I know this with all of my heart and mind.

But still, like probably most women, I have never been fully satisfied with...well, ya know...the bod. There was always a little too much jiggle, the jeans were always a little too tight, in my mind. "If I could just fit into 'this' size..." or "If I can just weigh a little less..." I told myself. But now looking back at those photos, I would like to give myself a swift kick to the rear (which is even more infeasible now with watermelon belly). I was not fat! (yelling at myself, not you, sorry.)

I am excited to get started on getting back down to my normal size after Little Peach comes, and no, I don't need to lose an extra 20 on top of that, which is what I'd been telling myself.

I am a little hesitant to publish this post, but I think I'm posting these thoughts to hold myself accountable: both to get back down to my normal size, and also to remember that I'm not fat when I'm at that normal size. Hold me to it!!!

March 2009
I never posted the bottom two photos because I thought I looked chubbs.

March 2009

January 2009

Moral of the story for us all: though one may think that she needs to lose all this weight, in actuality, the rest of us probably think she is crazy for thinking that. So gals, let's stop beating ourselves up and enjoy a cookie! :)

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm down!! Chocolate Chip okay with you? Yay for being happy with the way we are (as long as we're healthy)!

Gabe and Christina said...

Very well said! You are so beautiful!!

David and Kaitlyn said...

Kim, it's so funny (not haha) to think of you worrying about the "bod" when I've always been jealous of yours! At least you're coming to your senses during pregnancy! I'm getting crazy! Even though I haven't gained the right amount of weight and I've been worried about it, the other day I hit a weight 'milestone' and curled up on the couch in tears... hormones. What can you do?

MA said...

more cookies please!!!:)

what a cute little boy you're holding!!! He looks so young- ah, he's growing up tooo fast!

you btw look beautiful!

miss ya!

Katie said...

gurl you so fine

Tonya Driggers said...

You still have no idea...

:-)

The Reillys said...

So true! Funny you think that too. I was just looking at pics of myself pre baby with the same exact thoughts! And I delivered 6 months ago! I would kill for that bod now. Why is it so hard to enjoy things to the fullest when you have em and before you lose em?

Logan

Kim said...

Sarah: choc. chip is MY FAVORITE...unless there are snickerdoodles around...I love those too...can we have both?! ;) And yes, as long as we're healthy...party on! :)
Christina: thank you so much:) a sweet compliment from a sweet and beautiful girl:)
Kaitlyn: and see, I'da wanted to switch with you! and girl I know how it feels...reaching those...dang (I mean beautiful) milestones...I've hit plenty so far!
MAC: see Sarah and I for cookie party;) I miss my Riley! And thank you, beautiful girl:)
Katie: oh gurl, i'ma holla back atcha lata on a'ight?
Tonya: what?! what do I have no idea of?! fill me in! :D
Logan: my good friend MA reminds me often that it took 9 months to put it on, it can take 9 months to take it off! I'm sure you look great, now, too...we women are too harsh and hard on ourselves!