Last night before we went to bed we read 3 Nephi 13 (comparable to Matthew 6: part of Jesus' Sermon on the Mount...3 Nephi 13 was part of Jesus' "Sermon on the Mount" to the people he visited in the Americas, which is what the Book of Mormon is about). When we finished I told Stace that I love that chapter because it pointedly reminds us to focus on what is most important in life. He then teased me and made a comment about how I had been stressing about the bookcase in the baby's room before we started reading. "Take no thought for bookcases" he teased. He was right, and we laughed about it. :D
Well, Mr. Smarty-Pants is now agonizing over a big screen TV he just found on Craigs List, right before he goes home teaching. So I said, "Consider the lilies!" happy that I got back at him less than 24 hours after he "got me." hehehe;) Stace and Kim are 1-1. He then said:
"I will consider the lilies. We can watch Planet Earth and consider the lilies...and the polar bears in the arctic...on our flat screen."
So quick, that one... ;)
2 comments:
soooo needed this thought tonight, good luck on the big screen to Stace, I'm trying to convince Brandon the same ;). I'll consider the lilies in the mean time.
oh stace you young wipper snapper!
Post a Comment