Today I laid down with Julian to put him down for a nap. I was singing a Primary song to him ("A Child's Prayer"), and he was staring intently into my eyes...I've been noticing that lately. He stares into my eyes and it is like I am looking into the face of pure love. It fills me with an indescribable joy. The look of sheer happiness on his face when we talk to him assures us, if there ever was a doubt, that he really loves us. It is so amazing.
As I stared back at his big blue eyes, I realized that this baby boy, my sweet baby boy, will grow and change (all too quickly, I realize, as he already has), but...I will always be looking into the same pair of eyes.

Little visions popped into my head of gazing into these same eyes as I hug him at the entryway of his classroom on his first day of kindergarten, as I send him on a mission, as I dance with him at his wedding, and of course, tears began to flow. My sweet boy. I love you, and your eyes...which will always be the same.


6 comments:
This post is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your thoughts-- they hit home.
Too true!
So cute! Here is to hoping his eyes do not change color on your! Brooke's eye color turned when she was over a year old. Loved this post and it made me tear up.
Those eyes are beautiful and he is changing in his looks and growing way too fast!
So precious!
That last pic is so great, like he's looking right into your heart!
Post a Comment