Monday, February 15, 2010

Ode to Kathleen

Many of you, my bloggy friends, may not know my dear, beloved friend, Kathleen. She is also known as Kathy-- ha! JUST KIDDING! She'll hate you if you call her that...unless your name is Mrs. Allman...

Kathleen has been my best friend since high school, which is where we met. I have been wanting to write a post dedicated to her for a long time, and now that I finally have some pictures of us together (for whatever reason, we never take pictures together), I can add some spice to her post, so I figure now is a good a time as ever.
Kathleen, I know you don't read my blog very often. I am going to hope that you come across this post on a day or night that you perhaps need a little pick-me-up, and are reminded of how much you are loved. Or that you will come across it on a great day for you, and that this post just makes it a little better. :)

I want you to know how proud I am to be your best friend. I could not ask for a more loyal and loving friend. I feel so blessed to have you in my life. I AM so blessed to have you in my life. I can be myself with you...completely. I can say phrases like "yippee skippee!" and "okey dokey!" and not think twice about whether or not you will think I am a giant dork, because we both already know and accept the fact that I just...am. I can tell you anything, and I know you won't judge me.

I can be silly with you; I can be serious with you. I don't really know what I would do without you. It hurts to even think about it. We have laughed SO much together, and we have also cried together. I trust you with anything. You trust me with anything.

Kathleen is a very humble person. She has no idea how amazing she is. She is incredibly beautiful, as you can see, but I don't know if she has ever once believed me when I have told her that. In fact, I'm positive she hasn't. I will keep telling her anyway.
I LOVE her freckles! Don't you?

One thing I love about Kathleen is that people are drawn to her because of how real she is. People enjoy her company and want to be her friend because she is always herself. She is so easy for anyone to talk to. Kathleen is a very sincere person...there is no "frontin'" with her.

Kathleen has a heart as pure as platinum. She would never do anything to intentionally hurt anyone. She is not a fan of drama. She never lets too much time go by without reminding me that she loves me and is thinking of me. Kathleen loves to laugh. Kathleen loves love, and believes in it. She loves her mama, and she loves her brother. She loves her daddy too, who lost his battle with cancer when she was in fourth grade. I love all three of them too, for helping to create, raise, and shape such a wonderful person to be my friend. Thank you, Mr. Tansey, Denise, Dan.

One day a boy will come along and sweep her off her feet, and he better believe he will have some seriously protective people to answer to (to name a few: her family, Stace, me). I am fiercely protective of those whom I love and am closest with. Kathleen is one of those people. If someone hurts her, he or she hurts me.

Kathleen, thank you for always being there for me. For not believing it for a second when I called you after leaving the doctor's office last March. For your faith. For your unconditional love. For your support. For your belief in me. I want you to know I believe in you, too. You have such a beautiful future ahead, and I am so excited to stand by you as we watch it unfold.

You, my best friend, are my sunshine.
I love you:)
Thank you for being you.


No comments: