Sunday, February 21, 2010

Terms of Forever








Today Julian received his baby blessing from Stace. The others who participated included Stace's dad, two of his uncles, my two brothers, and Bishop Bret Bowcutt. All seven of these men are worthy, strong Melchizedek Priesthood holders. What a sight to see them joined, hand to shoulder, in a circle around sweet Julian. Just the memory of it brings tears to my eyes. Seeing all of these men who I love dearly giving my sweet child a Priesthood blessing was too much for my heart to hold. It was beautiful.

I will post more about this day later, but for now...I just want to document these feelings I have.

I want to thank you, Julian. I want to thank your sweet daddy. I want to thank our Savior. I want to thank our Father in Heaven. My heart is full. My convictions today of the reality and divinity of our Savior are so strong; they have been renewed again in a powerful way. You have strengthened me. I cannot put into words the gratitude I have for my Father in Heaven and the blessing of YOU that He has given me.
You have renewed my spirit. You have rejuvenated and invigorated this precious testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and of eternity that I hold in my heart...
You are already a tool in your Father's hands.

Today I was reminded of who I really am, and who we really are as a family unit...in terms of forever. I love you. I love Him. Thank you.


1 comment:

Tonya Driggers said...

Kim, I'm so sorry I didn't make it. I completely forgot it was this Sunday to be honest with you. It was the first Sunday I'd attended a full service of church in 2 months and just plain forgot... I can't believe that I did! Please forgive me.

On a lighter note, I'm so happy to know that Baby Julian has enlightened your eyes to the Gospel. Babies tend to make our spirits more sensitive and more alive - keep that fire burning! You have such a beautiful testimony! I love you!