Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Father's Day Orlando Trip! (Catching Up: Part 7)

Every year we go to Orlando for Father's Day weekend with Stace's family and it's always so fun! We stay at the JW Marriott Grande Lakes, where there's the most beautiful and fun lazy river! (We stayed at the Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes for the first few nights of our honeymoon, so it's always fun to get to go back!) We flew into Orlando from Michigan and met his family there the next day. The day we got home from Michigan, we flew in pretty early. So we went back to our hotel, read some books:

took some naps and then went to Downtown Disney that night! It was so packed! But Julian had lots of fun taking in all the sights. The next day while we waited for Stace's family we went to Sea World. I didn't bring my camera because I was seriously all pictured out because I'd taken 700 ba-jillion in Michigan (I needed a break from snapping constant pictures), but I did manage to get this beaut with my camera phone:

A RAH-NU-NU boat! Julian was SO excited! He spotted the "BEEG Rahnunus" from a mile away. Once we got on the paddle boat, it was a little "wah, wah, wah" because it was SOOO hot that day! (I kept thinking to myself "how do people not from Florida handle this heat at theme parks?! I've lived here my whole life, and I'm literally melting!") so add the huge plastic life jackets to the mix, and we had a bit of a sticky situation. yech. Anyway, it is kind of hilarious how much he loves flamingos. I failed to post this picture from Michigan in my earlier post:

He has a real reverence for them, ya know? HA! Just kidding. He saw Daddy folding his arms, so he thought it was time to say a prayer;) My dad has several of these on one side of his garden/ yard, and Julian thoroughly enjoyed paying them visits;)
Anyway! While in Orlando we spent lots of time floating down the Lazy River! As you can imagine, it's a little tricky to bring non-water-proof cameras with you into the pool, so I got out of the pool and grabbed my phone for a quick second so we could have proof this year of chillin out, maxin and relaxin in this amazing body of water:



Julian had a blast with his Grandmama, Pop Pop, Aunt Candace and Uncle Berkeley as always!

And here's some proof of that:


Aunt Candace never fails to culture her nephew. Here she is showing him Dolly Parton singing "Puff the Magic Dragon": (Side note: Aunt Candace waited in line for hours on Saturday for a ticket to the Casey Anthony trial! And she was 2nd in line, so she got a front row seat behind Casey herself on Monday...duh, duh, duh!)

Aren't these two the cutest?!

Our little family:

Here is Stace's Dad opening the gift we made him for Father's Day: a book all about Pop & Boo Boo:

Stace's mom also got a special book/ late Mothers' Day present!

And of course, Dada got a special book all about him and Boo Boo:

And let's be serious, I hate this picture of me, but Boo Boo looks like a little cherub from heaven so it must be shared! :)

The men of the hour:

Me at 27 weeks pregnant:
(I'm currently 32.5 weeks!)
Julian was not having it when it was time to pack up and leave the hotel. The bellman noticed this as he was putting our luggage on the cart, so when we got downstairs, he presented Julian with a gift:

How nice was that?! Julian was pleased!
Our little family in our special spot: (can anyone guess why it's special?:)

We had a great time! Until next year!
I still feel so far behind in this whole catching up process, but I'm getting there!

1 comment:

MA said...

So fun! Loved the pictures! Stace is looking so skinny- I hardly recognize him :) And you my dear look so beautiful! I can't believe baby two will be here soon! Can't wait!