I then sketched the above drawing onto the actual 28x36 canvas. I thought I'd be able to paint the whole thing except for the name, and then when we'd decided, I'd just put it on there. Well, turns out I couldn't quite stand not knowing once everything else was drawn.
So Stace & I had our final serious conversation regarding this little girl's name. It was down to two. He asked me which one I was leaning towards, and I told him how every time I thought "ok, this one is it!" A part of me died inside at the thought of losing the other name. This happened both ways. So when he asked which one I was leaning towards, I simply said "I don't know!!! I CAN'T DECIDE!" and he said, "well, I'm learning towards...
and I said "ok! that's it!" and that was that! :) Once I drew it onto the canvas, I knew it was right and I got more and more excited as the evolution of the painting took place...
I always hate the very first stages of a painting, because it never looks good and your hopes for how it will turn out aren't very high. But after several paint color do-overs, re-painting, and re-mixing, I was finally happy with it!
I think I developed carpal tunnel syndrome from working on this, but I am excited and happy when I see it now...yay! I tried to match it to her bedding.
Now...onto all the other wall decor...and that lamp desperately needs a lampshade...
2 comments:
I love the painting and I love LOVE her name! Can't wait to see her!
little miss painter kim! congrats on the name choice! i love it!!!
Post a Comment