Monday, October 29, 2012

Fall Posts Continue: HALLOWEEN SPIRIT!

I just love having any and every excuse to celebrate a holiday to its fullest.
I have found so much joy in doing just that as a mom!

Yes, we have all really gotten into the Halloween spirit around here! 

Well, on most days...
 Sooo tired after church!
 We have been reading these over and over again this month.  We just can't get enough of our fun Halloween books! Aunt Jessica and Grandmommy sent some of these in the mail, others I have collected at Goodwill over the last year, and others are from the library.  Julian goes through phases of which one is his favorite, but I especially love it when The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything is his fave, because that was my favorite, favorite, favorite Halloween book when I was little (older than him...haha!)! Reading it brings back great memories. Ella Grace's favorite has held strong with Where is Baby's Pumpkin? Love it!
We went to a neighborhood Halloween party and it was great!  The decor was too die for (no pun intended...muah hahahaha;), and the kids had a blast!  I had finished Julian's costume in time for the party, but luckily we had this excuse for him to wear it early, because I found out there that I had made it too tight.  He took it off pretty quickly after getting there. I altered it afterward, and thankfully he happily wore it for the entirety of our church's Halloween bash this last weekend!  Here are the kiddos listening to how to play "Zombie Tag"...
Julian was the littlest guy (game participant-wise) at the party, so I stepped in to help when his doughnut came off the string. I tried not to help too much...these pictures tell a different story though! ha!
He loved taking a whack at the pinata! 
Julian loves the song "Five Little Pumpkins" and "Five Little Ghosts". I went to the Dollar Tree and found some white gloves to put ghost faces on, and both kids loved them as we sang the ghost song!  (Julian wore one and I wore the other.)
 We also collected some rocks to paint white and make into ghosts...

We did lots more Halloween crafts and festivities that I will share soon.  Here are a couple more I made without my babies in tow.  This one is straight from Pinterest and I made them for the church Trunk or Treat.  The Young Women organization was in charge of decorations for the party.  I just love how they turned out!  The one front and center is my favorite!
 Last week I enlisted the help of the Young Women to assist in cutting out the shapes of some of these adorable felt little guys. I strung them into a little bunting at the house. I just love it!  Felt is my new favorite thing.
Stace and I were playing around in Target the other night and he was tossing out alternative ideas for the costume idea I had come up with for him for our family costumes.  This is the main one he was rooting for... ;)
This past Saturday we went to a BAT Festival! Yes, that's right...bats! Again, I will post more later, but here are our two little bats having a blast there!
I need to go ahead and share photos of our costumes! We didn't really get a great family photo the other day at the church party, so I was hoping to get one on Halloween, but perhaps it's no fun after the holiday?  I'm tempted to just share one of the photos we did get with you, my three faithful readers!  It doesn't even matter! haha!  I will post some tomorrow! :) 

Have you noticed I've been posting so often lately?  Fall has got me hoppin' with excitement and festivities!  I have so much to document and so little time! :O

Peace, love, and candy,
Kim

No comments: